Open PayPal dispute automatically closes in who’s favour?

Pchall
New Community Member
So I recently sold an item and from the start Iv had trouble with the buyer. He first told me he hadn’t received the bag even though I could see he’d signed for it and then a week later the bag was suddenly broken and not how he wanted it. He opened up a PayPal dispute saying ‘item not as described’ and that he wanted a full refund. I offered the full refund as long as I received the item back but, never got a response back from the buyer or the item. The case is due to close in 2 days but who will the money be given back to with the buyer ignoring my offer twice?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pchall 

Escalate to a PayPal claim within 20 days from date the dispute was opened so PayPal can step in and review the case and make a ruling. Sellers are not covered for SNADs so are required to accept a return but PayPal also typically requires buyer to return item for a refund. When PayPal steps in, communication will go through PayPal and if buyer does not respond, or return item in time with tracking number, PayPal will rule in your favor. Responding in a timely manner is required to maintain protection for both parties, so be on top of it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.