Open Dispute

ROYALGUARD
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal dispute 

Case ID: PP-D-61098624

The item was purchased online on 03/21/2010 and I cancelled the item the same day over the phone with seller.  It took me almost a month (over a dozen different phone calls/chats, hours on the phone and being yanked around) to finally receive a cancellation and refund "promise" email from Sears (seller).  All the while the item processed through shipping to the local store.

I finally received the cancellation email from seller on 04/17/2020 and was told to wait 14 more business days to receive refund.

I was also told by seller in same email that is refund has not shown up not to contact seller but to contact my financial institution(s) (PayPal and credit card company).

I was given a salescheck number from seller in same email of 093004612305.

Thus far nothing has shown up in PayPal or my credit card statement.

So given my dealings with seller thus far I have 0% confidence that they will cancel and refund order on their own.

Part of this cancellation was paid via credit card (which I disputed with my credit card company) and part of paid with a PayPal balance.

I also setup a PayPal dispute.

PayPal has told me that since the credit card company also has a dispute for part of this transaction then PayPal cant deal with the dispute I set up with them.

But what does that mean for my PayPal balance of over $100 that was used???

Thanks in advance for PayPal employees help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ROYALGUARD
Contributor
Contributor

The item was purchased online on 03/21/2010

Should be The item was purchased online on 03/21/2020

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.