Online orders from China who never arrived

Bold-Chestnut
Contributor
Contributor
Have you experienced to not receive what you ordered or receive something ridiculously different from what you ordered after several months waiting to receive your parcel and no real communication from the seller but standard automatic email not adressed to your name nor containing any reference to your order number nor mention of what you specifically ordered, nor any name from the sender nor logo nor link of any kind from the sender nor the company you had placed your order to? Please share your experiences here, with the name or names of the company you ordered your item to, and the name they gave once you had open a case at PayPal and description of the type of contain of their communication to you via PayPal, with weight on how anynonimised it was, if they mentioned you by name or not and if they mentioned what item you had ordered specifically or remained vague and general all along, in a way that could answer anyone no matter their name and what they had ordered. It seems that they send standard identical answer to all cases opened on PayPal. The Chinese companies kagolyn, and gadget, and their head company are targeted here. I would like us to have a general view of how big this scam is and for how long it has lasted. So far it last since July 2020, with the exact same modus operandi for everybody, no matter the cover company name they use and the item ordered. Nothing is received or some little envelope with something insignificant in it, totally different from what was ordered. Such as a little bracelet for 1 year old instead of 2 anatomy human models of 60 cm high with inner organs, from head to genitals, of man and woman, to be used as anatomy model for medical study. So instead of a 1 meter X 50 cm package, I received a micro envelop the size of my palm, or of a pack of cigarettes, flat as paper, containing a bracelet in cheap metal such as tin, of a diameter fitting the wrist of a 4 month old to 1 year old child, and to make things worse, with my phone number on the envelope, visible to all, and a dobbel label on the envelope where a label written in Chinese covered an original label written in English. Which made no sense at all. The company I ordered the item from, kagolyn, did not sell bracelet at all, and it's website disappeared, 2 weeks before I received their idiotic envelope. Any similar experience? Give your experience and date when it begin, years and month, how long it took and the procedure you went through on PayPal. The whole circus. I would like to know and inform others of since how long that story is going on without more radical action from PayPal such as closing their main account or contacting the police or the international organisations against online fraudsters and economic criminality, and contacting the Chinese authorities, which they have the duty to do as financial authorities in this scam. Thank you for your useful contributions.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bold-Chestnut 

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bold-Chestnut
Contributor
Contributor
I had made a search online of that company but could found nothing wrong. For the good reason that they operate under a false name. There is no way to verify what you mentioned above in my case I asked PayPal to verify specifically that company, and they confirmed it was fine, while I found out 2 weeks ago that they knew since April last year that it was a fraud and had already received many complains and were treating hundreds of dispute with that fake company when I contacted them. So it is their responsability. They could easily make a control. As less than 48 hours had passed since I made the order, my bank could recall the payment. PayPal is doing the same trick with everybody complaining about that company knowing the outcome in advance. A person who ordered the same item the same week as we did was refunded, but I am still not, and now they want me to change it into received wrong item instead to not received anything at all, knowing that the company do that to everybody sending som children cheap **bleep**. It's to make it last so long that people give up. And this alone is scandalous and help the fraudsters. The company has closed its website since weeks so this is totally hopeless to open a dispute who is answered by a robot, with auto generated messages giving no meaning. Had I known for a second that the company was Chinese, I will never have ordered it. It show an address in Toronto, a phone number in Birmanie, but the name of the company in the dispute was different and in China. The label on the micro envelop I received after 7 weeks, had 2 labels glued on each others, with the original label in English and the second label in Chinese, which is weird. I never experienced such bs before. China has police and hyper control so it is easy for PayPal to contact Chinese authorities who will arrest the criminal very easily and fast. PayPal has access to many tools to stop them, also the European Union anti financial crime and fraud taskforce, so what are they waiting for? PayPal also refuse to let me talk to the person in charge of my case and to tell me what they have done up to now, which is under all critic and unlawful. I have the right to be connected with a CEO or leader at PayPal in a case that imply so many Victims, after so long time, and all the helping informations i have given them. You never tried it, so don't even try to mix in it. You have to have been through it to understand. I never imagined that PayPal was doing favouritism towards criminal persons until now. Juridically PayPal is at fault and acting illegaly. The reason why PayPal can offer a refund is because they take the money directly from the seller account on PayPal, to give it back to you. It doesn't cost a dime to PayPal. If the gangster has a lot of money on its account, they favorise him against you. That's what I have witnessed. Also they are not thorough, and are guilty of superficiality, as well as laissez aller laissez faire, or passivity.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.