Online order did not go through, but PayPal was charged

mikey_rev
New Community Member

I attempted to place an order online yesterday, and upon entering my PayPal information, the site went back to my cart because the item was no longer available. However, my PayPal was charged for the amount of the order. Additionally, I never received a confirmation email, and my order history does not show this particular order being placed, so I am positive that I should not have been charged for this item since it went out of stock during checkout.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

cybercat
Contributor
Contributor

My order did not go through but the Pay Pal payment is pending.  The stuff was available but there was some kind of error number so Walgreens did not get my order.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @cybercat,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

If in your transaction history the order status is "Pending" it means that your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed. For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided, which can take up to 30 days. Please, check the status of the payment on “Details” next to your payment in your transaction history. If it is still in "Pending" you can also contact the merchant to ask for further information.

If that is not the case, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.