Ongoing Escalated Dispute Issue

OliverStarkey
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently in the middle of an ongoing dispute that was escalated to paypal due to a clear and deliberate scam.

Paypal awarded me a refund however I have to pay for return postage (which is unfair because even after refund I will have lost money from this ordeal) but the issue is that I cannot afford to pay for the international tracked shipping to return the item. 

But there's no way for me to tell PayPal this via the dispute resolution centre, I can now only input the tracking details. 

I've tried using the 'Contact - Messages' help stuff but I always get automated replies saying the same old generic things. 

Time is running out on this dispute and it's causing me a lot of stress

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jackie191
New Community Member

Having a very similar issue but item has not arrived, ( I'm guessing it never will ) yet Pay Pal and scam artist want me to send the item back.

These scammers are well aware of Pay Pal's methods and time frames and are able to play them like a fiddle.

If I were to wait out the delivery time the website, email, seller would be then moved onto another scam.

PAYPAL!!!! can you help? 

The scammer needs to be removed form your service and the payment refunded. 

Jackie

Login to Me Too

OliverStarkey
Contributor
Contributor

It's terrible that this is allowed to continue. 

I bought the item because it meant a lot to me. I'm not exactly drowning in money, I get by pay cheque to pay cheque and being recently engaged I have even less money due to saving for a wedding. 

The fact that I have to pay for an item which I'm owed a refund on, is ridiculous. I will gladly return the item but the seller should be covering the return costs. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OliverStarkey 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....(country dependent).
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

If you buy from a business in your own country then you can normally recover those return costs via the small claims court although most businesses would reimburse you anyway. (BUT if you choose to buy from a private or international seller you may not have that option).
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OliverStarkey
Contributor
Contributor

So because I cannot afford the return shipping there's nothing I can do despite being very clearly scammed? 

Because I cannot afford the return cost and already have a dispute open, the dispute will close, I'll not have the product I wanted and I will have lost what was in my eyes, a lot of money? 

Here are the images of what was advertised as opposed to what I actually received. 

Is there no email address I can contact PayPal via and actually talk to a person and not an automated response?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OliverStarkey 

Sadly you bought from...........
Chinese / Asian Web Sites OR on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

Did you pay with a credit card as per my post above so you can chargeback?

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Don't think it will help but try anyway.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.