One of you will know how to help! PayPal sure wont!

Cheternest
Contributor
Contributor

My Email To PayPal:

Hello!

My name is Chet Ernest and I've been using PayPal for quite some time. I am extremely unhappy with the result of a payment made to a user by the alleged name of Emmanuel Abich and his G-Mail E-Mail: (removed) . I attached one of the conversations between myself and one of your PayPal Assistant team members who goes by Bryan. I was very specific and clear when I explained the unique situation to team member Bryan resulting in Mr. Bryan giving me instructions on what to do and assured me not to worry. Here is part of the conversation:   I said to cancel this payment and it was processed

12:27 PMI've contacted the individual I was buying from and he assured me PayPal would be sending the money back since I was the one who put a stop on the order

12:34 PM

BN

"Hi! You've reached Bryan from PayPal.  It says here in my end that this is a Refund and it's already completed, And it will credited Back to your card end with (removed), And the usually time frame for Card refund is 1-5 business days up to 1 billing cycle.

12:37 PM

- BryanYes but I sent it twice. He refunded the first one and the second one I sent by accident was not. I went on PayPal right away to flag and stop itSince I did that he was unable to refund the second payment now my statement says it was sent to him!!!!!

12:38 PM

BN

YEs your correct the other Payment already refunded, But the other one still on the seller end, Due to you already file a dispute for the other transaction.

12:42 PM

- Bryan

BN

But no worries once there is a progress to your case, Dispute department will be sending update to you.

12:43 PM

- Bryan

Now I do know this    I do understand that this situation I was put into is most likely unique but there will be no excuses and will not be backing away from this case as I went right away to the payment in question and put a stop on it SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN. I will explain to you now in FULL DETAIL the situation which will ultimately result in an expected payment of $277.oo from PAYPAL instead of the seller due to the fact that it was PAYPAL who released my money AFTER I placed a STOP on it WITHOUT ANY CONTACT TO ME!!!!    The scenario is as follows:  I was going to buy a product from a website. The website wanted me to send money through PayPal instead of using a credit card which their website did not have an option for. I went to PayPal and sent a payment (x2 by mistake) of $277.00 for the product and checking/selecting the "This payment is for a product and/or service" option.  I then mistakenly sent the payment again. I instantly noticed my payment was sent twice and went directly to the payment and the "stopped payment" option was selected. Now, since I stopped the accidental  payment through PayPal I was left with the SINGLE ORIGINAL payment, or so I thought, to Mr. Emmanuel for his product. Unfortunately Mr. Emmanuel was not satisfied with the sent payment due to the fact it was labeled as a product/service and proceeded to say I "checked the wrong box"  and that I needed to start over. I told him that I made two payments by accident but I already stopped the second one. He then told me he would refund my money so I could resend it "properly". Mr. Emmanuel said I was to select or type that the payment was to be  "Sent as a Gift to Friends/Family". At this point I started to get uneasy feelings about this sale and told Mr. Emmanual that I was not going to purchase this product and would just take the refunds for my order. He then informed me that he had only sent the one refund because he was unable to modify the second because it was in PayPals hands since I had already put a hold on it. So far it seems to me that the events that took place were as follows: * Payment of $277.00 sent to Mr. Abich on August 20th 2020 for a product/service* Second Payment of $277.00 sent to Mr. Abich by mistake (BOTH SENT BACK to BACK)* Buyer (me) Puts hold/stop on second payment of $277.00 to avoid being charged twice* Seller not satisfied with format of original payment - wants resend through PayPal by selecting "Gift" instead "Product"* Buyer (me) feels it would be misleading, untrue and unsafe to mark this as anything but a product/service* Buyer (me) sees first payment refunded by Mr. Abich and the hold/stop is still active for the second* Buyer (me) informs the seller there will be no purchase at this time due to the overcomplication and asks for seller to refund the second payment sent by mistake. * Seller informs (me) Buyer that he was unable to send the second refund and that the payment was now going to be in the hands of PayPal Now, at this point PayPal has a stopped payment and a returned payment while Mr. Abich knows the second payment was a mistake and says PayPal will refund the money since the Buyer put the stop on it. NEXT:  Out of nowhere...* PayPal releases HELD/STOPPED payment of $277.00 to Mr. Abich WITHOUT any notification to myself. * PayPal.... YES PAYPAL actually released my money to Buyer without my consent. AGAIN, PAYPAL released my money without my permission, money that I put on stop so that my payment would be safe not stolen* Buyer (me) was notified that a payment was released by PayPal (THROUGH BANK STATEMENT - NOT PAYPAL) to Mr. Abich (Seller) and immediately placed a RETURN REQUEST to * Because Mr. Abich knew the circumstances and will also be held accountable for taking the money without providing any product or service. THIS IS THEFT and is ILLEGAL*Buyer (me) extremely concerned at this point, due to the fact we are talking about close to three-hundred dollars stolen, and contacts customer support and was advised to not worry and that things are being handled and to just sit back and wait on the dispute dept. to contact me* Buyer (me) trusts PayPal and does not worry which results in never being contacted. When the buyer finally gets anxious and logs into PayPal, sees that the dispute was not accepted and the SELLER KEEPS/STEALS THE (MY) MONEY?!?!?!?OK.... SOMEBODY NEEDS TO FIX THIS PLEASE. This is OUTRAGEOUS. I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE BOSS OF THE BOSS and I WANT THIS TAKEN CARE OF SO I DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE VIDEOS AND LETTER TO POST ABOUT THE CORRUPTION THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE ON THIS PLATFORM I HAD ONCE TRUSTED.  I am uploading the conversation I had with team member Bryan as well as the pictures of the emails below with the transaction #'s and the times of purchase so you (and eventually everyone) can see how this story played out exactly as described above. I am so disgusted with this situation that I am considering if not corrected, not only reporting, reviewing, commenting, displaying, producing video proof footage of this ridiculous transaction but also I will be terminating my PayPal account and will inform everyone of this experience and will suggest other platform that can be used without stress knowing their hard earned money is safe and sound.  I would like to be contacted by the sales managers' manager immediately unless they too are unable to help. In that case I want to talk to their manager. I just keep getting a response that due to the fact there I am unable to contact anyone from PayPal at this time. PayPal needs to be contactable 24/7    I will be providing the email screenshots of the transaction #'s and you can see the times in the upper right corner which will show action immediately taken by myself to quickly and responsibly avoid a scenario such as this. Unfortunately my speedy response was not taken very seriously by the PayPal team at this time:

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cheternest
Contributor
Contributor

My Email To PayPal (Cont)

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund". 

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

12:25 PM

- PayPal Assistant

Hello, I sent a payment of $277.00 twice by accident. The individual said it was incorrect so he refunded my payment and I put a stop on the second that PayPal was supposed to stop. Where is my 277 dollars?!?!?

12:27 PM

It looks like you need some help cancelling a payment on your account. Is that right?

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

I found the last 16 transactions on your account.

Please select the transaction you would like to cancel.

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction ID: 9LR87051AT673933W

Amount: $ 277.00 Date: AUG 20, 2020

Sorry, I'm not trained to solve your problem right now.

Let me check if I can connect to a Live Agent for more help.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

I said to cancel this payment and it was processed

I've contacted the individual I was buying from and he assured me PayPal would be sending the money back since I was the one who put a stop on the order

BN

"Hi! You've reached Bryan from PayPal.  It says here in my end that this is a Refund and it's already completed, And it will credited Back to your card end with (removed), And the usually time frame for Card refund is 1-5 business days up to 1 billing cycle.

- Bryan

Yes but I sent it twice. He refunded the first one and the second one I sent by accident was not. I went on PayPal right away to flag and stop it

Since I did that he was unable to refund the second payment

now my statement says it was sent to him!!!!!

BN

YEs your correct the other Payment already refunded, But the other one still on the seller end, Due to you already file a dispute for the other transaction.

- Bryan

BN

But no worries once there is a progress to your case, Dispute department will be sending update to you.

- Bryan

ok

12:45 PM

BN

Alright.
I'm glad I was able to answer your queries today. Again, my name is Bryan. Thank you for using PayPal and have a great day! You can now disconnect the chat by clicking on the "X" button.

- Bryan

what do I do now?

BN

Just patient to wait for the update of our dispute team.

12:46 PM

- Bryan

BN

We are good to go now.   🙂

- Bryan

Ok as long as i'm

thank you

BN

Your most welcome.
I'm glad I was able to answer your queries today. Again, my name is Bryan. Thank you for using PayPal and have a great day! You can now disconnect the chat by clicking on the "X" button.

12:47 PM

- Bryan

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

This conversation has been closed.

I WILL BE WAITING ON YOUR RESPONSE 

CHET

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Cheternest
Contributor
Contributor

My Email To PayPal (Cont)

Hi! I'm your PayPal Assistant. I can help with common questions like "what's the status of my dispute" or "I want a refund". 

If I can't help, I'll transfer your message to an agent.

12:25 PM

- PayPal Assistant

Hello, I sent a payment of $277.00 twice by accident. The individual said it was incorrect so he refunded my payment and I put a stop on the second that PayPal was supposed to stop. Where is my 277 dollars?!?!?

It looks like you need some help cancelling a payment on your account. Is that right?

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

I found the last 16 transactions on your account.

Please select the transaction you would like to cancel.

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction ID: 9LR87051AT673933W

Amount: $ 277.00 Date: AUG 20, 2020

Sorry, I'm not trained to solve your problem right now.

Let me check if I can connect to a Live Agent for more help.

Our customer service staffing is limited due to the coronavirus (covid-19) crisis. We've put together some useful information in the Help Center to quickly resolve your issue. I'll stay here while you take a look.

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

I said to cancel this payment and it was processed

I've contacted the individual I was buying from and he assured me PayPal would be sending the money back since I was the one who put a stop on the order

BN

- Bryan

Yes but I sent it twice. He refunded the first one and the second one I sent by accident was not. I went on PayPal right away to flag and stop it

Since I did that he was unable to refund the second payment

now my statement says it was sent to him!!!!!

BN

- Bryan

BN

- Bryan

ok

BN

Alright.

- Bryan

what do I do now?

BN

Just patient to wait for the update of our dispute team.

- Bryan

BN

We are good to go now.   🙂

- Bryan

Ok as long as i'm

thank you

BN

Your most welcome.

12:47 PM

- Bryan

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

This conversation has been closed.

I WILL BE WAITING ON YOUR RESPONSE 

CHET

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.