One claim = Life time Account Limitation....YEP LIFETIME

ubasport
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a client of E-Bay and PayPal for over 30 years combined. Over 200 transactions with zero problems until my last purchase. I received a fake watch and immediately called PayPal. The lady was very nice and told me not to worry as she could start a claim process and did exactly that. This was my first and only claim ever. The claim was successful and a short time after that my account was Limited for Life, YEP LIFE. I have spent maybe 60 or 70 hours on the phone trying to resolve the problem. Finally an agent said they could not lift a Limitation and that I would have to write a PayPal legal dept in California explaining the problem. I did exactly that and received an e-mail saying I had a ton of claims and my account is still limited for LIFE. I HAVE HAD ONE CLAIM....THAT'S ALL. Please someone direct me to someone who can actually help. It seems as though PayPal is ran by a computer and that the staff have no say what so ever..............Thank you in advance..........If I can not get help from PayPal I have to file a lawsuit to protect my name and credit scores. Any advice on this point ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @ubasport,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that your PayPal account has been permanently limited. That is understandably frustrating.  Account limitations are placed in situations where we see unusual or suspicious activity, or when we need to collect information necessary for keeping your account open. When we place a limitation, an email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. If not additional options have been provided to resolve this limitation, I'm afraid it is likely a permanent decision.

You can reach out to PayPal customer service for further assistance if necessary. Please note that unless you have an owed negative balance that goes into collections that this should not impact your credit-worthiness. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.