On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I was involved in an online scam where my paypal account was charged but I received no receipt from the vendor and they provided a fake tracking number.  I reported all of the details and provided copies of my emails to the vendor.  

I on 12/2 I attempted to purchased a computer monitor from an online site and paid using Paypal. After submitting the transaction I never received confirmation or a receipt. I did get an email from Paypal that my account was charged. I submitted a request for a receipt via the website customer service link explaining the issue and asked for a confirmation and receipt for the order. I did not get any reply and sent additional emails to the contact email on the Paypal receipt and got no answers.  On 12/4/2019 there was an update on paypal with a tracking number. USPS tracking only shows the city and zip of the destination but not the full address.   I tracked the package, and when it was supposedly delivered, nothing actually arrived.  I have video evidence there was no delivery.

I contacted the post office and found out that the tracking number was spoofed. It was an real tracking number but for an unrelated package that was going to the same city and zip but not my address.   It was from Albany NY and sent to a comply different name and address. It was also only 1 ounce. (Mine was supposed to be a 27" monitor). 

At this point I filed a claim with paypal with all this info.  Paypal closed the case the next day without even talking to me or the seller.  They just said the item was delivered based on the fake tracking number.  I called and spoke to an Paypal agent and explained all of the detail again.  She said I needed to get an Intranet for from the USPS showing the details of the tracking number and upload that.  When I called USPS I was told that the Intranet for is an internal only document and they do not provide that to the public.

So in a case of clear documented fraud Paypal if requiring a document that it is impossible for me to obtain?  What do I do at this point?

Login to Me Too
120 REPLIES 120

BrendaJo71
Contributor
Contributor
I've received every other piece of paper from the post office 5 in total that show it never came. All 5 where not accepted. This is a joke.
Login to Me Too

freedomwriter
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, Paypal is a joke. Their guarantee is garbage. I will be using them as little as possible. Had a choice today to use them or credit card, and I chose credit card. They KNOW their payment system is being used by scammers and they do not care. Maybe they are the scammers. PayPal representatives literally told me the package was delivered "within acceptable distance." Exact same amount charged twice within two days, but they changed their "Seller" identity, to go along with the fake tracking numbers.  I filed complaints with BBB, FTC, and on scamreview.

Login to Me Too

Mkm65
Contributor
Contributor
File a complaint with the federal trades commission enough complaints some thing will get done Yes PayPal is apart of it. They don’t lose anything they get their money either way if it wasn’t for messing my credit up I would pay them the way they scammed and not pay for the merchandise
Login to Me Too

Mkm65
Contributor
Contributor
File a complaint with the federal trades commission enough complaints something will get done
Login to Me Too

Temp20210216d
Contributor
Contributor

We should call the lawyers and any medias to write about this. I can not tolerate PayPal's irresponsible customer service.

Login to Me Too

Mkm65
Contributor
Contributor
File a complaint with the federal trades commission against them
Login to Me Too

Mkm65
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal isn’t going to help thrirbin on the scams they are losing nothing they get their money we have to pay. Your not going to get a shipper number you have to pay to ship the merchandise at an ungodly price, Here’s what I did I file complaints with the federal trade commission they give you a complaint number if enough people would file something would be done PayPal will have to be legal.
Login to Me Too

LGY321
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me
Login to Me Too

I'm in the same situation, paypal doesn't seem to listen. Seller says shipped and delivered paypal closes case. These places are giving excuse after excuse multiple tracking numbers. Which most are shipped to my city but not my address. I successfully got the paper from The USPS for one of the items today so we will see where this gets me. I just want paypal to honor the protection thats why we use them,, and get our money back. I'll never order anything else off FB and I'm about done with paypal as well!
Login to Me Too

Mkm65
Contributor
Contributor
Contact the federal trade commission file a fraud claim they will give to a case number you can do this online. I’m not stopping I swear they can cancel my account which many have told me they will . But not the same one answers the messages you send. I also have contacted my bank and should be getting my money back and the lady that took my claim told me to not stop complaining and reporting and i am going to.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.