On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I was involved in an online scam where my paypal account was charged but I received no receipt from the vendor and they provided a fake tracking number.  I reported all of the details and provided copies of my emails to the vendor.  

I on 12/2 I attempted to purchased a computer monitor from an online site and paid using Paypal. After submitting the transaction I never received confirmation or a receipt. I did get an email from Paypal that my account was charged. I submitted a request for a receipt via the website customer service link explaining the issue and asked for a confirmation and receipt for the order. I did not get any reply and sent additional emails to the contact email on the Paypal receipt and got no answers.  On 12/4/2019 there was an update on paypal with a tracking number. USPS tracking only shows the city and zip of the destination but not the full address.   I tracked the package, and when it was supposedly delivered, nothing actually arrived.  I have video evidence there was no delivery.

I contacted the post office and found out that the tracking number was spoofed. It was an real tracking number but for an unrelated package that was going to the same city and zip but not my address.   It was from Albany NY and sent to a comply different name and address. It was also only 1 ounce. (Mine was supposed to be a 27" monitor). 

At this point I filed a claim with paypal with all this info.  Paypal closed the case the next day without even talking to me or the seller.  They just said the item was delivered based on the fake tracking number.  I called and spoke to an Paypal agent and explained all of the detail again.  She said I needed to get an Intranet for from the USPS showing the details of the tracking number and upload that.  When I called USPS I was told that the Intranet for is an internal only document and they do not provide that to the public.

So in a case of clear documented fraud Paypal if requiring a document that it is impossible for me to obtain?  What do I do at this point?

Login to Me Too
120 REPLIES 120

Susan113
Contributor
Contributor

I understand what you are going through. The same thing happened to me.  I ended up talking to thirty some different people through messaging, and you never get the same person. I had to explain and resend information many times. It took a month and half before a person finally took my information seriously and my money was refunded.  Persistence is the key although it isn't fair that they make it so difficult and support the seller/scammer.   The tracking numbers are evidently spoofed which is mail fraud.    You need to contact the post office, have them trace the tracking numbers and have them give you a document with postal service letterhead stating where the tracking numbers go.  You can do this by e mail, and I sent a screen shot of the letter.   Paypal kept asking for a Intranet number which the postal service will not release. Paypal should not be asking for this.  As mentioned if you used a credit card you can dispute the charge with them.  My payment was through my checking account which I plan on removing from Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

jamephilli

IM done with Payapal. same thing is happening to me ,  i was able to contact seller via email, regarding my package not showing up and they responded with email appologizing for mistake and assigned new tracking number. however this packaged tracked delivery to Peoria AZ. i live in PA. Paypal is still siding with seller due to the fact first tracking number shows delivery to my hometown even though i have emails and USPS documents to prove otherwise

Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

y is paypal putting it back on us to fight the chinese scammers pulling this same bull.....I have a 15 year account. Never had an issue. I got scammed the say way and now PP wants me to get forms that dont exists.....HUMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

backed me and did refund my $$$. I guess someone looked at MY CONFIRMED SHIPPING ADDRESS...and the address the scammers used didnt even match the same city OR state///Only been 60 days since the chinese idiot did this and got nothing out of it...I dont get it....

Login to Me Too

Soccermom91
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got my money back. PayPal made it so difficult! They saw that my package was delivered the same day I ordered a POOL! The USPS gave me a picture of the package delivered and it wasn't my name or address.
Login to Me Too

BonitaJ
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me too. My carrier was UPS not USPS and as i keep telling paypal i cant obtain the form they tell me others have obtained it so i should be able to obtain it as well. First off UPS and USPS are 2 DIFFERENT carriers which is common sense but guess my representatives i got smarter than I am. I shouldn't have to get police involved to prove i was obviously scammed. Shame on paypal
Login to Me Too

bcde
Contributor
Contributor
I would also like to participate in a class action suit. They just keep repeating about an intranet form when I have been asking for a refund since June and they know exactly what they are doing playing games with that intranet form nonsense.
Login to Me Too

Patviba1118
New Community Member
I order some expadable fences from a company called Goodband Nerwork After weeks of not receiving any shipping information I contacted PAyPal, they contacted the company and they gave PayPal a tracking number that shows DELIVERED... I filed a report with USPS and they called me with the info on that tracking number, it belongs to a different person and a different address, my package is supposed to be big, this is a little bag, I ask them if I could get the information via email on the package... like address and name and they told me they were not allowed but I could stop by and they would let me take a picture of the copy they made of the package, I did that and sent the pic to PP, but they still insist in the document that I can’t get from the post office, at this point I feel that I’m not been protect by PP, I recently found out that the company I bought from has scammed people before, I told PP but haven’t heard from them, they want me to send any document I have to an email they sent but every time I try it says the email is not being monitored, I am very upset.
Login to Me Too

BrendaJo71
Contributor
Contributor
I too am going through this issue. 3rd trip and I'm currently seeking help person to person at my post office. I've even gone to the point of giving the PayPal agent my post master phone number. I've asked if they could talk to them on my behalf the post master said they give whatever info paypal wanted and they know through my case files I haven't received the package. This has been going on for months now. If this form is so important why isn't paypal willing to speak to my post master who is right here in front of me?
Login to Me Too

Dcity31
Contributor
Contributor
Same here PayPal is going to deny the claim. I’ve been back and forth between Going to the post office and talking to PayPal reps everyday for almost 2 months now with my claim being denied 3 times. The post office told me there is no way for PayPal to get that information because it’s a privacy concern. It’s a waste of time I’m never using PayPal again. I just filed my claim through usps because they were found at fault.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.