On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I was involved in an online scam where my paypal account was charged but I received no receipt from the vendor and they provided a fake tracking number.  I reported all of the details and provided copies of my emails to the vendor.  

I on 12/2 I attempted to purchased a computer monitor from an online site and paid using Paypal. After submitting the transaction I never received confirmation or a receipt. I did get an email from Paypal that my account was charged. I submitted a request for a receipt via the website customer service link explaining the issue and asked for a confirmation and receipt for the order. I did not get any reply and sent additional emails to the contact email on the Paypal receipt and got no answers.  On 12/4/2019 there was an update on paypal with a tracking number. USPS tracking only shows the city and zip of the destination but not the full address.   I tracked the package, and when it was supposedly delivered, nothing actually arrived.  I have video evidence there was no delivery.

I contacted the post office and found out that the tracking number was spoofed. It was an real tracking number but for an unrelated package that was going to the same city and zip but not my address.   It was from Albany NY and sent to a comply different name and address. It was also only 1 ounce. (Mine was supposed to be a 27" monitor). 

At this point I filed a claim with paypal with all this info.  Paypal closed the case the next day without even talking to me or the seller.  They just said the item was delivered based on the fake tracking number.  I called and spoke to an Paypal agent and explained all of the detail again.  She said I needed to get an Intranet for from the USPS showing the details of the tracking number and upload that.  When I called USPS I was told that the Intranet for is an internal only document and they do not provide that to the public.

So in a case of clear documented fraud Paypal if requiring a document that it is impossible for me to obtain?  What do I do at this point?

Login to Me Too
120 REPLIES 120

Temp20210216d
Contributor
Contributor

How you resolved?? I'm in the same loophole... it is so frustrating. let me know

Login to Me Too

grandmacathiede
Contributor
Contributor
Not resolved
Login to Me Too

Figaro1996
Did you call PayPal ? To talk to manager? How did you get them to pay bc I have 2 tracking numbers. The on PayPal says is correct and the one the company sent me multiple times.
Login to Me Too

sberry55
Contributor
Contributor
I had my credit card bank issue a chargeback. They told me not to worry about it from here they will deal with PayPal. The banks will help us as will postal inspectors. I removed every card from my PayPal account and will be closing it shortly. They have proved not to be worthy of my business. Hopefully Fox or CNN will carry my story so our nation can be ware just how shady PayPal is.
Login to Me Too

Gurhan1975
Paypal itself is probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars with these fraudulent activities. That is why they are denying to protect our rights.
Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

I agree...This could be a class action in the making....

Login to Me Too

Dcity31
Contributor
Contributor
I’m going have to do the same thing because i have yet to get my refund
Login to Me Too

Jbstick
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and found that if you file a complaint with Law Enforcement PayPal is most responsive in finding for the buyer.

I believe the quickest and easiest way to do that is The Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov).

Print out the form after you file and scan into your computer as a PDF and upload with a message including your case 

number in the message center

Login to Me Too

SharisseDiaz
Contributor
Contributor
Calling my credit card company totally worked, took like 5 mins. Wasted a month with PayPal and USPS. Thankfully I found this thread and your response. My charge was only 48.99, idk if larger purchases will be more difficult to dispute. Thanks for your advice!!
Login to Me Too

Annoyed2217
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what has happened to me. I have already contacted my credit card company. I wont be paying PayPal. I was given an email by a supervisor at the receiving post office with the tracking number and attesting that the package delivered under the tracking number provided was neither addressed nor delivered to the person and address I had provided to the company. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.