On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

pharpe
Contributor
Contributor

I was involved in an online scam where my paypal account was charged but I received no receipt from the vendor and they provided a fake tracking number.  I reported all of the details and provided copies of my emails to the vendor.  

I on 12/2 I attempted to purchased a computer monitor from an online site and paid using Paypal. After submitting the transaction I never received confirmation or a receipt. I did get an email from Paypal that my account was charged. I submitted a request for a receipt via the website customer service link explaining the issue and asked for a confirmation and receipt for the order. I did not get any reply and sent additional emails to the contact email on the Paypal receipt and got no answers.  On 12/4/2019 there was an update on paypal with a tracking number. USPS tracking only shows the city and zip of the destination but not the full address.   I tracked the package, and when it was supposedly delivered, nothing actually arrived.  I have video evidence there was no delivery.

I contacted the post office and found out that the tracking number was spoofed. It was an real tracking number but for an unrelated package that was going to the same city and zip but not my address.   It was from Albany NY and sent to a comply different name and address. It was also only 1 ounce. (Mine was supposed to be a 27" monitor). 

At this point I filed a claim with paypal with all this info.  Paypal closed the case the next day without even talking to me or the seller.  They just said the item was delivered based on the fake tracking number.  I called and spoke to an Paypal agent and explained all of the detail again.  She said I needed to get an Intranet for from the USPS showing the details of the tracking number and upload that.  When I called USPS I was told that the Intranet for is an internal only document and they do not provide that to the public.

So in a case of clear documented fraud Paypal if requiring a document that it is impossible for me to obtain?  What do I do at this point?

Login to Me Too
120 REPLIES 120

monty2020
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "intranet form" that USPS can share with anyone outside of USPS. I paid a visit to the local postal office and got the supervisor to write me a message about this spoofed package number. I got my money back from PayPal and wrote my final blog on this topic. Google search "monty yao scammed" latest article. I'm still not happy about PayPal and I will reserve my right to join a class-action lawsuit against this practice asking all victims to furnish a form that is not legal to use outside of USPS.

Login to Me Too

russellkuck
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Sell wins Buyer loses. On big Scam. You can't tell me PP technology can't revoke their ability to stop them from using there service. https://www.skishopusen.com/ SCAMMERS.......

Login to Me Too

KAYLALUONG
New Community Member

it happens to me to. I don't understand why buyers have to prove delivery, why doesn't Paypal ensure sellers provide sufficient delivery confirmation? I requested the seller to be blocked from Paypal- no surprise, Paypal can't do that. Paypal service & capability are way subpar, it doesn't protect buyers at all. I will file a business bureau & close the account.

Login to Me Too

Susan113
Contributor
Contributor

It took me  a month and a half of many, many messages, I talked to at least 30 different people through messaging  on Paypal, I even visited our local post office. Who told me to file a mail fraud case, and agreed with me that this was a scammer.   I resent information and explained many times that the post office would not give out an intranet form.  Finally this past week the person I talked to accepted the letter I had from the post office explaining that the two tracking numbers used did not go to my address. And my money was refunded.  It doesn't make sense to me why Pay pal makes it so difficult especially when it is obvious that the seller is a scammer.  But I would be persistent and get the postal service to trace the tracking number.   Pay pal needs to start taking this seriously or keep losing customers.

Login to Me Too

Mn05

FYI For those who are using Bank of america.

I am in the same situation where i was scammed and filed a dispute but been given the run around by paypal and they wont do anything to help.I just tried calling my bank to start a claim and they told me that Bank of america is no longer going after paypal claims due to paypal being a third party platform.The BOA rep was telling me that due to paypal protecting the scammers , BOA always fails to win the claims so they just not even going to go after paypal anymore. So once again the scammers are being protected instead of the consumer.

Login to Me Too

Chandler5
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed by probably the same company that many of you have. Paypal keeps denying my claim and tells me that after contacting the merchant, the merchant says the package was delivered. I preface my complaint by saying that I don't deny that it was delivered, it just was not delivered to me at my address. The day I was notified by the carrier that the parcel was delivered I looked at my cameras on my phone and saw nothing. I called my local post office and they told me then that it was not delivered to my address. I have provided proof from USPS to Paypal many, many times showing that it was delivered to another address. It was after my claim was denied 3 times and I started asking for merchant contact information that they started probing me for more information. I don't believe they ever heard back from the merchant even though they claimed that they did. I THINK IT IS TIME THAT WE TAKE THIS TO CHANNEL 4 NEWS IN DALLAS, TEXAS. As I am writing this my Postmaster called me. I emailed her yesterday and per Paypals instructions ask her to send an e-mail with the address that the package was delivered to. She told me just now that she got a reply that said:Thank you for your email. For privacy and security reasons, in order to address your concerns, please contact us from the email address that is registered to the account, which you wish to discuss.

That email address would be mine. They are such rediculous people.

Login to Me Too

Chandler5
Contributor
Contributor
This is Chandler5. Though the Post Office did not send an Intranet form, PayPal said they did and issued credit. I guess I finally won after the many hours and ridiculous messages, emails,and frustration. I received an email saying the case was resolved in my favor and my PayPal account was credited
Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed Chandler5. Countless, meaningless hours being sent to many different agents. Some choose to read and some don’t! PayPal just needs to change the policy; they are obviously protecting the wrong individuals!
Login to Me Too

Soccermom91
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me too. I went to the post office and she was nice but could not print out the intra net form. She did print out the tracking info and I sent that to PayPal and they still will not help me without the intranet form. I agree that PayPal is there for the sellers and not the buyers. I am very discouraged with paypal. I used them for the protection and they did not come foward with their protection.
Login to Me Too

Kelliegallop
Contributor
Contributor
Tell the post-master what you are going throw with PayPal and see if they can help. See if they can give a print out on letterhead that the item was not delivered to you. Persistence is the key... stay with PayPal and keep disputing and arguing your case. If you have paid with a credit card, let them know and dispute your charge with them. I learned the hard way! My bank account information is no longer on file with PayPal for use.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.