cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to get.

Highlighted

Re: On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to

I have gone been going back-and-forth three times a day with PayPal on a chat… I’m not able to talk to anybody because the phone number that’s listed does not work anymore. And I’m sure it’s because there’s so many of these calls coming in from scams that they just knocked off the phone number and have to do it by chat. But anyway chatting with PayPal and it’s always a different person don’t know if they’ve read the whole thread or not and then contacted UPS which was the wrong place then have him he can’t contact USPS. Thank God I spoke to the same person that USPS three times now and she continues to tell me there is no Intranet form That they can give me. They informed me to let PayPal know that they could log onto US PS and put in the tracking number to see the tracking of the item and that it shows it’s a snall package. Again the item that was ordered was two lounger chairs for the pool area. They can’t figure out why PayPal would think lounger chairs would go through the mail and not through another company like UPS. I guess I’ll have to walk into the local post office and ask for an intranet form and see what happens
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: On-line scam and Paypal is requesting an internal USPS document that it is impossible for me to

Here is my experience. I ordered something online. It was shipped UPS and I was provided a tracking number. It was shipped and delivered. But delivered to a different name and address in my city. I had this issue as well but upon talking to UPS about an “intranet form” and finding out such an animal does not exist. I did a little more research and spoke to a PayPal CSA. An intranet form you get from USPS. Apparently it’s a USPS thing not UPS. For UPS I went on their website and emailed their customer service(I had already opened an investigation with them) and requested verification that this was delivered but that it was not delivered to me. They sent me an email with in hours asking for a little more info and I sent them what they wanted and went to bed. Next morning I had the email in my inbox. I called PayPal back and referenced my claim number for the case I started against the scammer. The CSA asked me to send her the UPS email and before our call ended she sided in my favor!! The whole process from purchase to resolution was 5 days. USPS = intranet form. UPS = email from UPS that says yes.. package was delivered but to a different name and address in your city. Apparently scammers are stealing legit tracking numbers and providing it to the person they are scamming.
Highlighted
Contributor

Someone needs to sue PayPal over this clear scam! They hold the buyer more accountable than the scammer sellers! I was given a FAKE tracking number and told to get a signed Intranet form from USPS. I went and tried to elevate the request to my local post master but they REFUSED to sign the form because it wasn’t their tracking number! So scammers can provide a fake number and the buyers have to provide more documentation?? INSANE!
Highlighted
Contributor

How you resolved?? I'm in the same loophole... it is so frustrating. let me know

Highlighted
Contributor

I had my credit card bank issue a chargeback. They told me not to worry about it from here they will deal with PayPal. The banks will help us as will postal inspectors. I removed every card from my PayPal account and will be closing it shortly. They have proved not to be worthy of my business. Hopefully Fox or CNN will carry my story so our nation can be ware just how shady PayPal is.
Highlighted

Paypal itself is probably making hundreds of thousands of dollars with these fraudulent activities. That is why they are denying to protect our rights.
Highlighted
Contributor

I agree...This could be a class action in the making....

Highlighted
Contributor

I’m going have to do the same thing because i have yet to get my refund
Highlighted
Contributor

I had the same issue and found that if you file a complaint with Law Enforcement PayPal is most responsive in finding for the buyer.

I believe the quickest and easiest way to do that is The Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov).

Print out the form after you file and scan into your computer as a PDF and upload with a message including your case 

number in the message center

Highlighted
Contributor

This is exactly what has happened to me. I have already contacted my credit card company. I wont be paying PayPal. I was given an email by a supervisor at the receiving post office with the tracking number and attesting that the package delivered under the tracking number provided was neither addressed nor delivered to the person and address I had provided to the company.