<company name removed>

Piniak
Contributor
Contributor

Long story short, I got about 38 pounds taken out of my account for a transcation from a company I did not recognise.

It shows up as <company name removed> key codes/gift cards. I never purchased such a thing.

I was rather appalled to find out that PayPal found nothing wrong with this transaction - despite the fact that they day I logged into PayPal to see this transcation, they told me there was suspicious activity in my account and that I should change my password! 

Clearly, something is wrong, especially since you can see many people have already written about this in the forums.

Any ideas on how to get my money back? Thank you

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Piniak

Locate the payment transaction in your PayPal account, click on it to the details and click "report a problem" to dispute it. Otherwise contact your card issuer if payment was via credit/debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dina05
New Community Member

Hey, same thing happend to me on the same day. Paypal says they can't do anything about it... I am **bleep** as it was about £150. 

Login to Me Too

Gundog58
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Same thing happened to me on 24th Dec, made my Xmas **bleep**

I actually received a text on 24th Dec of a Paypal fraud alert and to let them know if it was me trying to make the payment, to which I checked my Paypal acount first and realised that 2 payments were being made to <company name removed> of £39.38 and £49.99 for Steam wallet topup (did'nt even know what that was until I googled it) I immediately alerted Paypal of this fraud and they blocked it. I changed my password as requested, and my pin. To my utter disbelief I received a further communication on 25th to say they found nothing wrong with the transaction and found in favour of the seller, and let the payment come out of my bank. I'm now down nearly £90.  

If I try to reopen the initial case it won't let me and advises to contact Customer Service which just gives you a loop around pre-recorded options, none of which are any use, I need to speak to a human person to resolve it, any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Wayne

Login to Me Too

deepz
Contributor
Contributor

This is CDkeys charging you, a digital code retailer in games

Login to Me Too

5ivey
Contributor
Contributor

Same happening to me, two payments of just under £20 each. Hope Paypal can get on top of this. This is fraud.

Login to Me Too

Patrick0912
New Community Member

Same has happened to me two payments  19.69 and  39.38 got deducted. I received an email and text message immediately reported it.

But PayPal says the transaction is legitimate and closed the case.

I again approached PayPal, for now, nothing has been done.

I wonder when so many people have complained about this company why PayPal is saying the transaction is legitimate and not taking any actions.

Login to Me Too

jingerman
Contributor
Contributor

Its your kids buying games or yearly subscription from cdkeys, had same issue kids owned up.

Login to Me Too

5ivey
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, definately fraud, have no kids, no others have access to my paypal account. The ghost company/setup originates in the far east. Always several transactions of a low amount. Intangible items, no tracking. All this is deliberate and

designed to deceive or not be noticed for some time or at all. I have had my transactions reversed and have asked for a description of how these items got onto my account without authorisation. I am now watching my account on a daily basis.

Login to Me Too

Gundog58
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

I don't have Kids either and I am also the only one with access to my account. I decided to pursue this again and contacted Paypal by phone. They have re-opened my 2 cases and are awaiting a reply from <company name removed> with full IP details of where they send the aledged Top ups to. I was assured this looked odd and are looking into sorting it out for me, I will let you all know if successful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.