Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Nic85
Contributor
Contributor

I took out a dispute. I was offered $4. I rejected this, so they offered a full refund if I return the product within 10 days to a Chinese return address tracked. Is there no other option but to return product? It costs £14.31 to return the item so really no point, which is what they bank on.  

Login to Me Too

Chelle48
Contributor
Contributor
You can claim back £15 maximum return postage from PayPal apparently, so they told me when I phoned about these scammers.
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that’s what they bank on.  Also, many on here say the return address isn’t correct so they say they haven’t received it. You can ask PayPal for return postage but if parcel can’t be delivered or tracked they deny your claim.  If you have the time and energy keep at them. Most people give up which is how they both (PayPal and okbuynow) get away with it. Also, go on twitter if you can, that seems to get results eventually. Think that’s how I got my refund the day after it was refused.

Login to Me Too

Latentcon
New Community Member
I too bought a watch from them and never received it. Told PayPal and they opened a case. They set me an email saying that if I didn't reply by the 2nd June the case would be closed. I didn't read the email until the 2nd June signed in on the 2nd and the case was already closed. So lost my money not Impressed with PayPal at all.
Login to Me Too

AdieL1
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly my experience. Been in the 'resolution centre' (or whatever it's called ) for nearly two months! I get periodic messages telling me my case is being reviewed etc etc ..all from a different contact person each time! And almost chiding me for refusing the $5 refund!! What a joke!

I have no faith in Paypal now, nor Facebook as they are obviously well aware of all of this

Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been waiting two months also. Everything has gone quiet With PayPal but apparently my dispute is still ongoing.  I’ve given up.

Login to Me Too

lsimat12
Contributor
Contributor
Honest never give up keep moaning to PayPal I did every spare bit of time 2 months £32 refund keep at the feckers
Login to Me Too

Donna451
Contributor
Contributor

It is disappointing that PayPal are still allowing these fraudsters to operate through them. 

Login to Me Too

cstaritz
Contributor
Contributor

I had another dispute and now you cannot do a dispute online. You have to complete their form and mail it in. They give you the option to send a secure message but any document you try to upload comes back with a virus. I scanned my documents with Norton and there were no viruses. I am going to Consumer Affairs. 

Login to Me Too

AdieL1
Contributor
Contributor

An update to my current situation: Having returned (hopefully) my cheap dodgy plastic watch to the vendor as requested in anticipation of my full refund (not inc P&P ) at a cost of £9.99 to the address eventually supplied and then subsequently translated :

<removed>

(anyone seen this before?)...

I am STILL waiting as tracking seems to have run cold on 21st August. Hmmm...

Serial Number Tracking Number Destination Date Status

Funny, that. And I have been told I can be eligible for a P&P refund from PayPal, but of course until the package has been acnowledged as received, this doesn't show up in my list to reclaim from!

It just gets better and better!! 

Apparently PayPal have to allow 20 days from return post date before they do the next thing (whatever that is) so I will follow up on September the 9th! Isn't it exciting! 

Or, should I say 'disappointing?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.