Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Bthomas1
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue with a bear toy. PayPal not much help, took 2 months to be told to return but return address is in Chinese so basically no help and no refund.

Login to Me Too

Emabish75
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered two plush looking gremlin teddy/dolls and received two broken plastic toys that I wouldn’t even give to a dog. Frustration as I had to send back for a refund on the advice of paypal and I am still waiting for a refund. Paypal refunded the postage cost but I don’t think they will ever admit the parcel arrived or even accept it if it does. Hoping paypal will still honour the dispute and pay me my $41. Terrible company and they should be flagged by paypal as a disreputable company.
Login to Me Too

Alla5
The problem is PayPal where they should give buyers more protection...but I noticed that PayPal is serving the interest of this kind of seller where items are sent from UK Ashford Depot...and return are asked to be sent to China..and using Chinese alphabet...making it difficult and expensive for the buyers to return the items.... If PayPal is aware of these tactic by this seller and not doing anything to protect the buyers....than PayPal has responsibility for protecting this company fraudulent activity... which lead us not to use PayPal for our purchases...
Login to Me Too

AdieL1
Contributor
Contributor

Well, after about 4 months of dogged persistence I finally managed to get a refund! So, stick at it! Grind 'em down! But my claim for P&P refund was rejected because it exceeded the 30-day limit (even though it took more than 30 days to process the claim) 

But I'm not giving up on that either! 

Login to Me Too

Emabish75
Contributor
Contributor
I returned my parcel but the address given by the seller/paypal was undeliverable to so the parcel has arrived back in the Uk. Paypal refunded the P&P To send it there but the courier company say I am responsible for the return postage costs back to the Uk. I doubt paypal will cover these 🤬 and I don’t even know how much it is yet. Paypal are suggesting I return the package AGAIN or they won’t refund. I am about to give up. So infuriating!!
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Don’t give up and also contact your MP. I did. Social media and especially twitter. Tell as many people as you can about these adverts and PayPal’s lack of help. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

mkmoley

I ordered a "real life journey doll" for my grand daughter and the doll that they sent was horrible, probably worth $1-$2 not eh $39 that I paid.

They offered me a 5% refund....then a 10% refund....no I want a full refund.

I will never purchase anything off of Facebook again because you never know if it is a company in China and I will never use PayPal again, I think my Credt Card company would have supported my complaint much better

Login to Me Too

Chelle48
Contributor
Contributor
After 3 months, my case is finally closed! With me getting a full refund and postage refund! This store needs to be shut down... it's so bad that all of us are getting conned by these scrupulous people. All of you fighting for a refund , keep going!! It takes time but you will get there in the end. PayPal paid me my refund even when the package hadn't been delivered..... only attempted delivery to them. I'm sure they won't even go and pick up the parcel, but it had to go back to get refund and most of delivery got refunded too, discretionary from PayPal. I will NEVER buy anything from a FACEBOOK ADVERT again. 😂🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😂
Login to Me Too

Chelle48
Contributor
Contributor
Its taken me 3 months to get refund and most of delivery got refunded too, discretionary from PayPal. PayPal make them give you address in English, once you post keep track of it and once an attempt to deliver has been made, ring PayPal to get your refund straight away! Then ask them about claiming your postage back they will give up to £15 most of the time.... Good luck ☺. I will NEVER buy anything from a FACEBOOK ADVERT again. 😂🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😂
Login to Me Too

KenW62
Contributor
Contributor

I have been conned by okbuynowshop for £50 as they sent me two cheap and nasty resin monkeys instead of advertised bendable lifelike monkeys.

Paypal know this seller is fraudulent but are doing nothing to help other than suggest I send this back via the only courier that will deliver to them Royal Mail at a cost to me of £21. The cheap and nasty monkeys are lucky if they're worth £5!

Don't know how Paypal can continue to let this shop use their trading facilities. Their buyer protection scheme is not worth the paper it's written on!

I believe Martin Lewis has just stated on his tv programme to beware of Paypal buyer protection, pay by credit card instead.

Very poor show from these Chinese con artists and Paypal for collaborating with them!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.