Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal didnt help vs the scammer just do a chargeback over your credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what is linked with your paypal account

Login to Me Too

CherDi
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, that what I am going to do. Is go to my credit card for my refund. It looks like these con artist have find a loop whole with PayPal. PayPal has lost a lot of credibility. I ordered several things from Okbuynowshop all were inferior products but 2 of items looked close to what they were selling but the one I am disputing was not even any close. The vendor send a address in Chinese and wants me to pay to send it back.
Login to Me Too

CherDi
Contributor
Contributor
False advertising, send me junk now I am under a deadline to send the junk back at my expense to China. Con artist DON'T USE THIS VENDOR. How do I get PayPal to make vendor pay for return shipping. Vendor made the mistakes not me.
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

You can ask Paypal to refund postage which they say can be up to £15. As I have said in previous posts, use your own social media and anything else to let everyone know about this scam and PayPal’s poor handling of it. Use twitter too as lots of influential people read it. I miraculously got a refund the day after they denied my claim. Even in my bank in two days!  Keep at them.

Login to Me Too

Emabish75
Contributor
Contributor
You can click on the transaction in pal pal and request postage refund. I did this when I sent my item back to the company and paypal refunded the £14.78. They refund up to £15 you just need to upload proof of postage. Just waiting for them to admit to receiving the parcel now
Login to Me Too

MRB6
Contributor
Contributor
I also have an open claim which they are offering a refund if I return the items to China. I paid $59.99 and it is going to cost anywhere from $58.65 to $214 to return it to the address they provided. WHAT A SCAM!!!!! I can only imagine how much money they are making off people. So furious and how is this even legal????
Login to Me Too

karen0126
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by these idiots. PayPal kept delaying a decision then told me I had to

file a police report with my local police department and send them the paper work

then they might get me a refund. They gave me like 5 days to get them the info

and with Covid and all I couldn't get to to police department. They denied my claim.

I think we should all send PayPal all the garbage items from these guys and let them

return all the crap.

Login to Me Too

bjohnston117
Contributor
Contributor

We got suckered too.  The lesson is to avoid making any purchase with a company based in China. They are exempt from having to pay for return shipping which is exorbitant for us.  This shields them from accountability to their bait and switch practices.

Login to Me Too

Lmt4048
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased cubby bear they sent me small stuffed bear
Login to Me Too

Donna451
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Absolutely disgraceful. Received it this morning. Stuffed into a plastic bag and squashed. They took £34 off me for a scruffy little stuffed bear what i wouldn't even give my dog!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.