Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

just do a chargeback over your bank with your credit card or sepa direct debit, depends what linked to your paypal.

Login to Me Too

Ph70
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers @mluftbut I was just on to my bank and they said that because it was a direct debit [UK bank] they couldn't do anything.

Here's me thinking that all that to-ing and fro-ing to register my account to buy stuff using PayPal was in order that I PayPal would

have my back.   I'm just done with PP. Aggravating and insubstantial safety net.     btw  HoWig and UrHair are the same bogus 

company - with a Chinese address  - and from trustpilot I see they have a ton of complaints.  The ONE TIME I didn't read up on a company

before buying, I get scammed.  And then UNsupported by PP.    

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor
@Ph70 if paypal book it from your bank account over sepa direct debit you normaly have 8 weeks for a chargeback into the eu.
Login to Me Too

Weenatz1
Has anyone had any luck recieving a refund from paypal from this seller? Nearly 2months I have had an ongoing dispute and it keeps being closed even tho I have provided more than enough evidence and also posted back the 7" rubber doll I recieved (was suppose to be a 17" reborn doll) I have still not gotten a refund. I feel paypal is letting its community down by allowing these fraudsters to still have an ongoing account with them.
Login to Me Too

RoverP5B
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received a refund today after the case was found in the favour of these scammers and I picked up the phone to speak to Paypal who then reversed the decision with no problem.

I followed the process through (please see other posts), returning the item to the address supplied by the scammers which appeared fake according to Google Maps, but I played the game that Paypal wanted. Paypal covered the cost of the return which sat in Customs and was eventually released but was undeliverable and the phone number supplied by the scammers, surprise surprise, got no reply from the courier.

I've spent another fortnight since this point asking paypal for a number for the seller so that the goods could be delivered but just received regular responses each day that were cearly cut and paste with little relevance to my questions.

Yesterday the case that continually had its settlement date extended went against me due to my not providing proof of the return, which I did, so I called Paypal and as I say, it was reversed immediately with no fuss. I have called before to no avail so guess I was either lucky, or perhaps this is simply a pattern they follow.

Having been given the cost of the return and a refund for the item PLUS a £25 goodwill gesture, I suppose I shouldn't complain, but it shouldn't have taken all this hassle.  I hope perhaps it's sign that Paypal are on to this company and someone from management will look into all the cases raised against this outfit now as they assured me (as I sure others) they would.

All I can say is persevere and ensure you send the goods back as Paypal request. The Parcel2Go company here in the UK offered a good value service - a third of the price of others. Another contributor said about cases being closed actually helping this seller, so be dogged in your approach and let's not let them get away with it. Every time I see the latest gadget or gimmic at reduced price on Facebook with yet another different company name yet same look and clearly the same scam, I report it. It may not make a difference, but if we're all doing it - we can only hope.

Good luck and I wish the same positive outcome for you all.

Login to Me Too

Chelle48
Contributor
Contributor
Sounds exactly like me! PayPal are sending me English translation of address so I can send back my 7" doll.... I've been granted full refund once they have item back/tracking details.... then I can also claim upto £15 return shipping from PayPal.... apparently
Login to Me Too

kacarpenter12
Contributor
Contributor

I've been fighting this for 3 months. I did receive an email a few days stating they closed my case and would not be refunding me because I supposedly didn't provide them valid proof or tracking that I returned the item. However, they did refund me the shipping cost and have the tracking number in my dispute. I contacted someone via chat to figure out what to do about this and was told that they would only issue a refund when the package was marked as delivered (even though they know the address provided to them is a fake address) and was told that I should've taken insurance out on the returned package. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today against PayPal and did inform the representative I chatted with that I was doing exactly that. I noticed on here that people have contacted PayPal via Twitter and one or two received their refunds. I contacted them via Twitter as well and only received the response of someone will look into for me and let me know. This was over a week ago, so this is now where I stand. I have all the proof from screenshots of the website advertisement of the "Interactive Bear" I purchased, to what I actually received, screenshots of the conversations between me and the sell and PayPal, chat messages between me and PayPal representatives, as well as photos of the returned package (at the post office) that I will be providing to the BBB.

Login to Me Too

David0074
Contributor
Contributor
I buy a reborn from okbuynowshop and it was just a plastic doll I was so angry and upset coz it was ment to be a silicone I open a case and there said I got to post it back put the it in China and it will cost more to post than to get my money back there a bounce of scammers there sould get there site closed down
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

And PayPal are no good. They are not interested.  I have been fighting this for nearly 3 months 

Login to Me Too

Chelle48
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I've just phoned PayPal and they are going to send me the address translated into English so I can ship it back and also the link to claim back upto £15 return postage costs. Hope this helps x
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.