Odd Chargeback Help?

kittibluz
New Community Member

Hello. Recently I got a chargeback from someone who bought a digital good off of me. The good was sold to them in February, and I just got the chargeback at the beginning of May. I e-mailed the person, and it ended up being a dad who's daughter made an account under his name, and stole his money. A case was opened for a chargeback, but I wasn't able to handle it properly due to COVID and lack of answers on the actual website.

I waited for him, him saying he was trying to contact PayPal. Long story short, the case ended and I was charged a $20 fee.

His e-mail is a little suspicious, however. I just want to know how to deal with this, and how I can get my money back. How would I get my money back from this situation? The chargeback was for $200 with a fee of $20. The digital good is something that is one-of-a-kind and they cannot return it to me due to giving it to someone else. Basically, they scammed me.

Please help if you can! Thank you. Can provide images if need be.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.