Ocaenole

sbtsm
Contributor
Contributor

I am so frustrated.  I ordered a 3-piece set of luggage for $59....filed a dispute because I did not receive the item.  AFTER I FILED the dispute, Ocaenole sent me "SOMETHING" AND PROVIDED a tracking number....item came...a cheap pair of stick earrings...notified PAYPAL...finally was offered a $30 refund.  I rejected this because I am due a complete refund of $59....EVENTUALLY I was told I could get a refund IF I returned the cheap earrings and provided a tracking number.  I went to the post office yesterday.  It will cost me $35.25 to return them.  Of course, the shipping costs are not part of the refund.  So, IF I were to return these...I would now have invested $94.25.   I am sure that if I do return, there will be yet another reason for me not to receive a complete refund.  This is a total scam....and Ocaenole has it down to a science.    (1)  They get the $59.  If you do not do anything, they are ahead $59.  (2)  If you decided to file a dispute, they THEN ship these cheap stick earrings to you and provide a tracking number to PayPal...knowing full well that PayPal is going to require you to return those earrings at YOUR cost for $35....and most people are not going to spend good money after bad...so Ocaenole gets to keep the $59.  (3) When you notify PayPal that you have received the item in the tracking number provided, Ocaenole then offers you $30...netting Ocaenole a gain of $29.  In my case, I rejected it knowing I was scammed and BELIEVED THAT PAYPAL would support ME, the buyer...WRONG!.  (4) After I rejected the offer, I was then notified that I am eligible for the refund...AGAIN..only if I expend another $35 to return the item....which I am not...So Ocaenole GETS TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL $59.  No matter, what you do as the Buyer, OCAENOLE is the winner.  So upset with PayPal.  This is obviously a scam and PAYPAL continues to support OCAENOLE.  I thought i could trust PAYPAL. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sbtsm 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sbtsm
Contributor
Contributor

I have filed a complaint with IC3...I would like to link this to my dispute.  How do I do that?

Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I also filed the same complaint....You have to upload the information and send it to servicespaypal.com. Good luck...it didn't help me at all. Paypal still favors the fraudulent scamming co. and you won't get a refund. 

Login to Me Too

Sandyhayes
Contributor
Contributor
I just had to accept for the first time I got took I’m not gonna spend money to get money back. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed in PayPal... the company is selling luggage and saying the item was delivered in the mailbox how much of a brain does it take to figure that one out. Still not sure how I feel about PayPal right I have used them for years but now with all of the options now days I’m not sure they are the right choice.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandyhayes 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer protection, you are the one that selects who you buy from and should risk assess your transactions.

Even some credit card companies are rejecting chargebacks for items that these scam China websites provide fake tracking for.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sbtsm
Contributor
Contributor

I know I selected the seller....it just seems to me that PayPal would not send payments to someone that they know is a scam.  I've learned a lot through this process. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sbtsm 

Paypal can't check out every website / seller / merchant / company in the world that add paypal as a payment processor.

Just as when you use a credit card or a bank account, they equally can't check out every company that uses them.

Also with these China scams by the time paypal have enough disputes to take action against a company they have changed names and started over, easy to do in China. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sbtsm
Contributor
Contributor
I know paypal cannot check every seller...but once they KNOW it is a scam...shouldn't they/couldn't they....halt the transaction....or is that just too logical? It looks like scamned purchases with Ocaenole has happened to many, many people.
Login to Me Too

lowlinda
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you 100%...we've been scammed and Paypal won't stand with us. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.