Oath Holdings. What is it.

Dubb47
New Community Member

Just got charged $19.95 in a preapproved bill from Oath Holdings....Anyone see this before?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Dubb47

Do you use Flickr?

Login to Me Too

sdelaet
New Community Member

This my annual Flickr charge. 

Login to Me Too

WROSSALLEN
New Community Member

I received the following notice from a yahoo email source this morning:

”Your Yahoo Mail Pro subscription has been renewed for $19.99/year. Now you can continue to enjoy an ad-free inbox and priority customer support without any interruption.”

I received confirmation from Paypal that I was charged $19.99 by Oath Holdings.  I’m going to assume (probably shouldn’t?) that Oath Holdings is legitimate and a part of Yahoo mail.  (They need to clarify this to improve communication with customers.  It’s not that difficult...)

Wrossallen

Login to Me Too

Michap93
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what it is either -- I don't have Flicker as another person suggested to another poster. Time to do more digging.

Login to Me Too

derjazzpa1
Contributor
Contributor

Oath Holdings is the name Yahoo chose to bill you for the upgraded e mail service they supply.  I have been through this and chose to allow the billing because of the better efficiency of my e mail service.  It sounds fishy at the start but it is Yahoo.

Login to Me Too

gouldrobert
New Community Member

What did I buy for $34.00?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi gouldrobert,
Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.
Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you what this charge is for over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.
Intars

Login to Me Too

Sks0102
New Community Member
I just got charged the same $34. I have no idea what for.
Login to Me Too

kimphoto
Contributor
Contributor

From what I read, Oath holdings is Verizon (and others) that owns Yahoo mail pro. If you had a paid Yahoo mail account in the past and paid for it to keep it secure, you will now be billed under Oath Holdings. Long ago I had paid for my Yahoo mail back in the late 90's after it got hacked and only then I could recover it because I proved i was the owner from my payment receipts and card# (before paypal).    The new price scale is about $35/year for a pro ad free account, compared to the $20 I paid in the past. Check out this article;

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/15791784/verizon-yahoo-acquisition-complete-marissa-mayer-leaves

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.