ORDER

DLR813
Contributor
Contributor

I RECENTLY ORDERED A JOURNEY REBORN BABY DOLL FROM GOT XPRESS SDN.BHD AND WHAT I RECEIVED NOT ONLY TOOK 2 MONTHS TO ARRIVE BUT IT WAS NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISED. I PLACED A DISPUTE FIRST FOR NOT GETTING THE ITEM ( I WANTED A REFUND). ITEM ARRIVED AND I AGAIN ASKED FOR A REFUND. SELLER WOULD ONLY REFUND $18. THE DOLL I RECEIVED WAS A DOLLAR STORE DOLL NOT WORTH 38.98 THAT THEY CHARGED ME. I ESCALATED IT TO PAY PAL AND THE ONLY LINE THEY READ OUT OF ALL THAT I HAD WRITTEN WAS THAT I HAD NOT RECEIVED IT YET. THEY CONTACTED THE  SELLER WHO SAID I RECEIVED IT AND THEY CLOSED THE CASE. I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A FULL REFUND. IT STATES IN PAY PAY IF IT IS NOT AS DESCRIBED I AM ENTITLED TO A REFUND AND THIS WAS DEFINITELY FALSE ADVERTISING.  I HAVE DONE MORE HOMEWORK ON THIS COMPANY AND HAVE FOUND OUT THIS IS A COMMON OCCURRENCE FOR THEM. THEY ADVERTISE ON THING AND SHIP SOMETHING ELSE.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN PAY PAL FOR NOT RESEARCHING MY CLAIM FURTHER. I HAVE PICTURES OF WHAT THEY SENT ME AND WHAT I ORDERED!

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DLR813 

Please don't post with the caps lock on its hard to read.

Firstly you probably bought from one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

If you opened a dispute for non receipt of item and the seller provided tracking then as paypals resolution centre is mostly automated then you dispute would be closed.

So did you CHANGE your dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described before it timed out and closed???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

266chris
thank you for the information you can't trust the Chinese they got their hands in everything in our country
Login to Me Too

celeste15
Contributor
Contributor

My daughter spent her own money on 2 DOLLS!  Seriously weren't worth 10 cents each!  I've decided that any Chinese companies advertising good products are false advertising and just paying money for their fake videos of a product they don't make or might not even exist.  Ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

266chris
i would put that company on social media for the world to see them so no one gets cheated again
Login to Me Too

JoeP1954
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience with this company, TWICE!  I ordered an outdoor surveillance camera, with IR and remote movement capability for $20, and before I realized it was fraudulent, I ordered an electric clippers.  I received a mini, no wifi, camera, and a regular manual clipper.  I complained to PayPal, and Got Xpress SDN.BHD. offered a refund if I returned the cheap items.  Return postage would cost me more than what I paid.  I would have paid for that, but I was certain, considering the fraudulent activities of this company, that they would have said they never received the items,and I would not have received the refunds.  My advice, do not do business with this company.

Login to Me Too

vastheo29
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same experience from this crap company.

I order  a Folding Portable car Protection Awning - 4.2m / BLUE and they send me a crap sun screen for less than 1 usd.

I paid 28.98 and they return me after 10 emails 10 usd saying that there listing in the warehouse was wrong and it was a mistake.

They propose me to keep the product instead of shipping back to them due to large expenses.

There practice is the same with different products in different countries.

I don't understand (rhetorical)  why PAYPAL still supports them.

Also i don't know if paypal see's all this comments and do something about them.

I will keep sending messages to this Fraud company and to PAYPAL until i will get a full refund.

Login to Me Too

266chris
they need to be black balled and every one need to be warned about this company so they don't cheat anyone again and PayPal should block them
Login to Me Too

Dalor
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered one of these dolls.   It was not as described at all and just like you all received it was 7 inches cheap rubber and looked like a dog toy.  I filed a dispute with PayPal.  The seller offered me some of my money back and I refused.   Now, PayPal says I have to send it back to Malaysa and give them a tracking number in order to get my refund.   First,  this company is a total scam and I am not paying to send this cheap thing back.  I should not have to pay to get my money back, it would be very expensive for me to send back. This scam company is depending on people not spending the money to ship back so they do not have to refund.  I have tried several times to reach someone at PayPal and keep getting disconnected.  There is no place on my dispute to further comment or reach an agent to discuss further.   PayPal has not protected me in this transaction.  I use my PayPal account consistently and for several years.  I do not deserve this and Im thinking of closing my account.   

Login to Me Too

Janib
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same experience. I was also offered a partial refund which I refused. They then said to post it back and when they received it they would give me a full refund. They gave me an address in Malaysia and I sent it back. However tracking now shows that they have either refused receipt of the item or have given me a false address. Like you, reaching anyone at PayPal is almost impossible. I’m going to phone this afternoon and hope I get some satisfaction.
paypal should not deal with these people, they are just thieves. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.