Nurse in destress

DOaDab
Contributor
Contributor

I’m a Nurse who's working 6 days - 12  hours a week since Covid-19 and one morning I order a Pandora bracelet for a co-worker who just lost her son to the opioid epidemic a few days ago when I notice (no lie) within 30 seconds I order the wrong bracelet and contacted the vendor to cancel. Which he agreed to but come to find out two days later he shipped it. I contacted the vendor who said it's on its way, just too bad. As far as eBay their representative He  was just as rude and disrespectful about my situation & made no effect to help resolve what was once common courtesy in customs service. So for 30 secs.  and I'm not given the respected to cancel an order ! Know how many lives I saved in just  30 sec. this year . Sad country we live in . Now I turn to PayPal to make matters right .That never should have taken up this much off my time that I have so little of since at the end is sleep and forget about the world I just came from.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DOaDab 

Unfortunately, if this transaction took place on eBay, then you can request the seller to cancel but the seller doesn't have to agree to it.

You can read it here, it says that the seller has to agree to it:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buy-now/cancel-order?id=4004

PayPal's purchase protection is limited in scope. It covers Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described. The rest is between you and the seller to resolve through statutory or consumer laws or their return policy.

Its better to handle this through eBay as they have a money back guarantee and hold sellers to their return policy.

If you follow the policies and procedures, you can return the item for a refund for the reason that you changed your mind, DEPENDING on the seller's return policy. If seller's return policy is that they do not accept returns, they can deny it for buyer's remorse reasons and then you can try a PayPal dispute so I hope you didn't file one yet.

If the seller has x days return policy or free returns, you can return item for any reason but may have to pay for return shipping on an x days return policy.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.