Not sure how to get my money back.

RENEGADE_RICH
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased item from Ebay and paid for it thru Paypal, Recieved defective item, Asked seller for refund, Seller provided a shipping label. Didnt hear back from seller and he has ignored all my email addresses to him asking to send the refund to Paypal. Both USPS and Ebay show the item delivered 15 days ago to the seller. I filed claims with both Ebay and Paypal 11 days ago and still haven't recieved my money back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RENEGADE_RICH

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim to get PayPal to step in and rule on your case?

Paypal online dispute resolution process:

If you’re unable to resolve a transaction related issue directly with a seller, you must follow our online dispute resolution process through the Resolution Center to pursue a claim under our Purchase Protection program.  You may also file a claim (Step 2 below) by calling us and speaking to an agent.  The steps you must follow are described below, and if you do not follow these steps your claim may be denied:

Step 1:  Open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the payment.  This might allow you to start a direct conversation with the seller regarding your issue with the transaction that may help resolve the dispute.  If you are unable to resolve the dispute directly with the seller, proceed to Step 2.  We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the seller's PayPal account until the dispute is resolved or closed.

Step 2:  Escalate the dispute to a claim for reimbursement within 20 days after opening the dispute, if you and the seller are unable to come to an agreement, or we will automatically close the dispute.  You can escalate the dispute to a claim for reimbursement through the Resolution Center.  The seller or PayPal may also escalate the dispute to a claim at this point.  If you are making an Item Not Received claim, PayPal may ask you to wait at least 7 days from the transaction date to escalate the dispute. 

Step 3:  Respond to PayPal’s requests for documentation or other information, after you, the seller or PayPal escalates your dispute to a claim for reimbursement.  PayPal may require you to provide receipts, third party evaluations, police reports or other documents that PayPal specifies.  You must respond to these requests in a timely manner as requested in our correspondence with you.

Step 4:  Comply with PayPal’s shipping requests in a timely manner, if you’re filing a Significantly Not as Described claim.  PayPal may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the seller, to PayPal or to a third party (which will be specified by PayPal) and to provide proof of delivery.

For further assistance with specific account issues, contact customer service:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.