Not receiving what was ordered scheam

Stu291
Contributor
Contributor

This marks the thire time I have been ripped off by making a purchase on Facebook.  Paypal denied my claim today because the seller showed proof that the item was delivered.  In this case, I ordered a small circular saw with blades and only received two blades, which I can't use because they didn't send the circular saw.  In a previous case, the seller showed a postoffice delivery for an item I ordered, which was a sewing desk.  Agin the seller showed that a delivery was made, but this desk would have weighed over 150 lbs.  When checking with the post office I found the item weighed only one half once.  Again the case was denied.  I have a case now, where the seller admitted sending the wrong item and offered me a refund which was less than I paid for the shipping.  So I guess with Paypal you can send an empty envelope and if you can prove it was delivered the case will be denied.  Something needs to be done about this.  Do I have any recourse or do I just count it at a loss?  This makes a great profit for the crooked seller but hurts the ligament seller because I will never make another purchase on Facebook and I would think that I am not the only person that has been ripped off this way.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stu291 

Best to stop buying tat from China via Social Media to be honest.

However as you have been denied via fake tracking numbers then......

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stu291
Contributor
Contributor

The item was not sent to the wrong house.  I only receive a rotary saw blade instead of a

the rotary saw blades and the rotary saw itself.  When I contacted the seller he assured me the product was in transit and gave me the tracking number.  A few weeks later I received another saw blade.  The seller never sent the rotary saw itself so now I have two useless saw blades with no saw to use them with.  So the seller shows Paypal that a package was delivered regardless of what was in it and Paypal closes the case.  Has this never happened to anyone else in this community?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.