Not eligible for purchase protection?

Duggs
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to open a dispute related to an item that I never received from a company called Surokplus (based in China).  However, after I actually submit the dispute request to PayPal, it immediately "closes" the request, and gives me a message along the lines of "this is not eligible for purchase protection".

What's the story here?  The item was purchased in Jul 2020, and I'm not sure why I am ineligible for protection.  Would appreciate any suggestions, thx!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

EricB3
Contributor
Contributor

Not only that, I've visited the site several times as the seller and I exchanged emails, and every previous time there was text saying it was eligible - and now paypal site says it is not eligible.  Seems like bait and switch to me.  If the payment is not protected, there is no reason to be using paypal that I can think of.

Login to Me Too

EricB3
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the deal from my experience:
If you don't get your product, and start a dispute, the seller may contact you.

In my case, the seller strung me along with messages for more than 20 days.

PayPal sends you a msg saying if you do not convert the Dispute into a claim in 20 days it will be closed.  Note - in no place in the message or on their site does this warn you that if the dispute is closed, you will not be able to open another dispute - you will forfeit your 180 day payment protection.

So, the dispute closed, and I cannot open another one now that it is clear I was just being strung along by the seller.  And, I cannot open a new dispute.  After hours on the phone, all I got was "we sent you an email saying your dispute would be closed in 20 days".

Protection at its finest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.