Not able to create a business paypal account!

Thecollective
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to create a paypal account to use on Etsy. I have a handcrafted business. I have sent all the relevant information during the set up phase to paypal and I am getting ' After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal'. In a email Paypal wrote me 'After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we detected that this account was created by an underage user or by a resident of a non-approved country'

I am 40 years old so not underage! And living in the UAE which is an approved country so I don't understand. 

I have tried to create another paypal account and the same happened again! Anyone experiencing the same? How to contact Paypal to unblock my account as there is no way to send them an email to resolve this issue?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thecollective 

have you opened a UAE paypal account or another countries?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Thecollective
Contributor
Contributor

A UAE account but in dollars as they do not have our local currency. I already have a UAE account for another business so I know it's possible. they don't even tell you why and since my new account is block I cannot even send a message to paypal! 😞 Any idea how to unblock it? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thecollective 

Could be because you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited. However Paypal sometimes allow a 2nd business account but you have to get approval from customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.