Not Edible For Buyer Protection

AprilBeaman1
New Community Member

Hi, 

Yesterday I was scammed by a Depop user through PayPal. The Depop username of the scammer is <removed>. She has also scammed another girl in a Similar way however PayPal have refunded the other girl with money out of my account and have taken my dispute as no unauthorised payment, leaving me with a loss of 230pound and a victim of a scam. I have been in touch with Paypal and with action fraud police who have given me a crime number however I don't think this will be resolved. 

I'm writing this to see if anyone else has had a similar problem or has been told to ring action fraud police and what their outcome was? And to also make people aware of this scam account and never to speak to someone through instagram or refund any money- let PayPal deal with It and don't fall for the same mistake I did. I would hate for this to happen to someone else!

Thank you. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AprilBeaman1 

How did you pay? Friends/family (which it sounds like meaning you negated your buyer protecction) OR goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.