Not As Described

jlh423
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of $31.50 shorts on 8/4/19.  Tracking shows they were delivered a few days later on 8/7/19.  Buyer opened a case a on 8/10/19 with PayPal alleging they were not as described.  He did not provide any photos or any explanation.  I responded with the photos in the listing, the tracking number, and confirmation that the buyer has the item.  Today PayPal took $52.50 from my account ($31.50 refund/hold to the buyer, $20 chargeback, and I don't know why they took the other $1), and is letting him keep the shorts.  This is absolutely ridiculous!  Is this what PayPal has become?  Would I have a good chance reversing all of this if I called PayPal?  Or should I call eBay?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jlh423,

I'm sorry to hear that a chargeback was filed by the buyer with their card company. Chargebacks are decided by the card issuer and they make the determination about whether or not the item has to be returned. PayPal is unable to require the return of the item.

I'm not sure what the other dollar is from. If you'd like more information about that, please contact customer service to allow a representative to look into the matter.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.