None Receipt of order WC-WPNS3001300106358

Adelle55
Contributor
Contributor

I would appreciate your help in resolving the above order purchased on VISA card through Paypal.  

I purchased one (1) Google Nest Thermostat with the value of $199.99. 

I received by mail a iphone case with a value of $10.00 as indicated on the mailing envelope.

The payment as deducted from my VISA card as "PAYPAL *FRANCHISEST"

I notified seller on November 18  on the merchandise received.  Aslo I uploaded all pertinent information such as picture of phone case, shipping envelope which indicates the details of the shipment.

To date, I have not received a response.

Thank you.

Marie <Removed>

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adelle55 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor

You don't get it!  This vendor is a scammer.  PayPal is closing disputes and doing nothing to stop the theft.  These scammers use PayPal because they know how to get around the disputes.  They mail something off that costs nothing take the money for the other higher end product and walk away.  You can't reach the vendor, and mailing it back to China does nothing.  Then these scammers move on to another fake website and do the same thing over an over.  They also know how to work the chargeback system.  They respond to them immediately stating the product is valid.  Come on you got to get a grip on reality.  PayPal has been no help for me, we just keep going around in a circle.  PayPal should be responsible at a minimum to shut these scammers down, after all the multiple complaints about them.

Login to Me Too

Adelle55
Contributor
Contributor

Wrote to Seller, attached all documents supporting non-receipt of merchandise ordered.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adelle55 

Re-reading your post, it sounds as if you paid as a guest buyer?

If so then......If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice but I have been dealing with this for a month.  I think you are missing the whole point.  This company is a scam.  PayPal number...when is the last time you called that number?  Nobody picks up and they direct your to login.  I have been back and forth with PayPal through messages for a month.  They are harboring criminal activity, and are less than helpful to resolve.  My credit card company is doing what they can but this merchant lies and uses PayPal guidelines to respond to chargebacks, and those responses are a farce.  Please read the numerous complaints about this company.  A cut and paste to do the same thing over and over again with PayPal is the definition of insanity.  PayPal needs to stop this company and should be held accountable to establish policies to shut down criminal activity through their site as quickly as possible before 1,000 of people get scammed.  While your advice might be heartfelt that does not solve this situation for many people who are complaining to PayPal and they do nothing.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DesertHiker1 

And yet loads have followed my advice and been refunded from the messages I get, but hey if you don't appreciate my advice no problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Don't waste your time with PayPal, they were worthless closed my Disputes and can't even get a live person, of COVID yeah.  Follow your advice, and in the end you have everything you need to file BBB complaints against PayPal, so that it what it is good for. I filed criminal case, reported PayPal to Better Business Bureau for their endorsement of fake companies selling Nest products, not providing assistance, and every other venue complain about PayPal.  I got my money back through credit card company fraud case.  Also got five of the fraudulent websites shut down every time they moved.  Way to go Paypal endorsing and supporting fraudster, who hide behind the rules you create to support them.  File complaints against PayPal.  Don't purchase through PayPal.  Your credit card company is more responsive.  Also, you can talk to a real human being!  So, don't get your feelings hurt over someone's post and stop being a troll.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DesertHiker1 

Yes of course i am going to advise folks to go down the paypal dispute route first as HUNDREDS are reporting on here that they have been refunded.

Just because YOU were not refunded you seem to not want any one else to get their money back? Hmmm think I know who the troll is.

And yes I also advise that if they don't get a paypal refund then they have the option of a chargeback but that is ONLY if they funded their paypal payment via their card issuer and a lot of folks haven't.

Even then some card issuers are turning down claims for not as described claims again as others have reported on here so that way may not work either.

Lastly no one on here can get a company in China closed down so you are talking rubbish. Even paypal can't close a company down only withdraw their services from them. 

The companies as soon as they get a lot of claims against them just change names and start over and that would have nothing to do with you 😂

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.