Non-existent "buyer protection"

Tractarian
New Community Member

Just received the very disappointing news of having lost a dispute with a clearly fraudulent seller. They were attempting to sell an item only available on a start-up website, and sent a cheap item that didn't even resemble what I thought I'd purchased. They'd done this numerous times - it turns out - to other buyers on Facebook. Paypal said to send the items back for a full refund, but DHL couldn't recognise the address (translated from Chinese), plus the cost of posting back was more than than the actual refund. I offered to pay for the crap they sent me as long as they refunded the rest. Nope, Paypal ignored that suggestion. I pleaded my case numerous times, gave evidence of the scam....but none of this mattered. I just kept getting generic email responses from Paypal to post back etc. It was like dealing with a machine the whole way through. 

So, the scammer won, selling items they didn't have with the promise of "Paypal protection" if things went wrong. In effect, then, Paypal supported this fraudulent selling; the seller will now continue to do to others what they did to me. The irony is that Paypal just resolved a dispute had by someone I know, with the same seller and involving the same items, but in the buyer's favour. I'm not going near Paypal again if this is what they call service.

I guess I'm posting this in the vain hope that someone has been able to achieve an actual resolution after a clearly unfair supposed resolution. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.