Non-Legal Name on Account - Can't Send or Withdraw Money - HELP!

qmfilmsoc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

My PayPal name is under the name of my film club: 'QM Film Soc'... I've got £400 in my balance from selling clothes that I can't send or withdraw due to an account limit, where I have to upload I.D etc, however, obviously my legal name is different. I've uploaded my passport etc anyway, but I rang PayPal just now and they said that my account will remain limited permanently. Is there any way to get my money? To either send it to myself under my other PayPal email, or to withdraw it? Has anyone got experience with this? Really worried as I sold my clothes to try and afford rent cos I'm in a squeeze, now I'm down £400 cash and £400 in clothing value. Asking the buyers to send to another email after I've refunded is definitely not an option. Would really appreciate some advice and help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qmfilmsoc 

The only person that can access those funds in the person with that name on your paypal account.

So the funds belong to someone who has a bank account in the name of ''QM Film Soc' as that is not you then sadly the funds are not yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

qmfilmsoc
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks very much for your reply. So there is nothing to be done, the funds will just remain forever untouched? Surely this must be a common problem as so many people open accounts for clubs / businesses etc
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@qmfilmsoc 

You could always appeal to their better nature and see if they will make an exception and transfer the funds to a new account?

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.