No resolution, no way to contact them without resolution centre

anergates
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a drone with accessories at a cost of over £130.  It came but it simply does not work.  The company offered various partial refunds (up to 40%), but why should I when it does not work and is supposed to have a 2year guarantee.   So I said I wanted a full refund.  They said yes but then I had to send it back, to China.  The cost to send was going to be very high and then I read on the 'net people who had done it and never got the refund.  So I went to Paypal.  All they could get was send it back for full refund, so I was stuck.  payPal will not now help at all (I anrg) and yet they continue to allow this fraudulent comapnay to take payments.  The email address the company says to contact them on now does not work.  DSue PP should take some responsibility for this?

It is a drone and it will not fly at all. I have sent film to company but they just offer a partial refund or for me to return it to China at my expense. as far as I can see the co,. has over 90% bad or poor reviews on trust pilot, lots of very angry customers. It is supposed to 2 year warranty.

It is BX trading

Any help much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anergates 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.