No refund given

LB23
Contributor
Contributor
I have purchased shoes Mollyca and have had to return them to sent address, however they have not given me an email back nor a refund. I am becoming angry and frustrated! The shoes got to the address Monday 7th January.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LB23

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LB23
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a video demonstration? I get muddle easily, but I think I have done it. I am a student so I need reimbursement, is that possible? I would like to contact paypal directly about this issue. The shoes were returned to the return adres 7th Jan. still no reply in email from the seller after weeks.

Login to Me Too

LChevremont
New Community Member

I AM FOREWARNING EVERYONE AND ANYONE!!!!.............. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!  I MADE A PURCHASE FROM THEM IN NOVEMBER FOR A GIFT FOR SOMEONE FOR CHRISTMAS, DID NOT RECEIVE THE PURCHASE TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS, SO I HAD TO BUY ANOTHER GIFT, THEN WHEN I DID RECEIVE THEY WERE CHEAPLY MADE AND BUBBLE WRAPPED IN SHRINK WRAP!!! THEY WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE MY REQUEST FOR A RETURN LABEL AND WILL NOT REFUND MY MONEY!!! ALSO, PAYPAL WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS VENDOR AND I WILL NOT USING PAYPAL TO MAKE ANY OF MY PURCHASE IN THE FUTURE.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LChevremont

Did you open a dispute OR if you funded your payment via a credit card then try a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LB23
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I have no idea. I have just been trying to contact PayPal, and have now gone to the resolution centre asking for a full refund. Although that emial went to the seller, and even they don't reply to my emails. The product has been sent back with my number ID and Full Refund, this arrived monday the 7th. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.