No refund from scamers - bad decision my paypal

KristijanGlavak
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

I have ordered diving equipment from subprof.com (avoid at any cost) in total value of 711€.

After 30 days not hearing a word from seller (not even invoice) I have opened dispute.

When that happened, seller immediately split my order in two smaller orders (one 453€ and other 258€), he sent bigger one and provided paypal and me with tracking number ( I have even got invoice for it). he sent me email in which he stated that not all items that I have payed for are available, and offer some bad substitute which I have declined and asked for refund of remaining money (258€). seller asked me to close dispute so he can refund money which I have declined. I have notified paypal about every single step, email and invoice from seller. eventually revision lasted for more than 20 days, I have received first order and it was ok, but did not received refund or second shipment. at the end of revision, "good guy" paypal has decided that nothing was wrong in this story and declined my refund. so eventually I have lost 258€ of value because of some guys in paypal who cant read properly and think straight. 

so my question is: can I do something about it? report case to European commission? sue them both? 

thing is I am really petty and I am ready to lose a lot more money if needed just to prove they were wrong.

regards,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristijanGlavak 

Contact customer service for assistance in appealing the dispute and have a human review it:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

If you initially filed the dispute as Item Not Received, have PayPal change it to Significantly Not As Described and complain that you did not receive all of what you ordered and is asking for a partial refund of 258€. You lost the case because the dispute reason no longer matched what is happening so PayPal will rule against you unless you change reason of dispute to fit your case. Hopefully customer service can change the reason for your dispute and resolve it for you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristijanGlavak 

Contact customer service for assistance in appealing the dispute and have a human review it:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

If you initially filed the dispute as Item Not Received, have PayPal change it to Significantly Not As Described and complain that you did not receive all of what you ordered and is asking for a partial refund of 258€. You lost the case because the dispute reason no longer matched what is happening so PayPal will rule against you unless you change reason of dispute to fit your case. Hopefully customer service can change the reason for your dispute and resolve it for you.

Login to Me Too

KristijanGlavak
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

thank You for quick answer. I have send them message about changing my dispute to Significantly Not As Described and will call them first thing Monday morning. will let You know outcome of situation..

regards

Login to Me Too

KristijanGlavak
Contributor
Contributor

I glad to inform You that you advice helped and I got rest of my money refunded. 

Thank You again my friend 😃

regards,

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KristijanGlavak 

You're welcome. Happy to hear everything worked out, thanks for the update.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.