No option to escalate dispute to claim

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor

I have read all the FAQ, help articles, and community support, but there is no way for me to escalate my dispute to a claim. I went to the resolution center and clicked on the case. I went to "view" to the far right. It pulled up all the details of the case. When I read the help section, it told me that there would be an option at the bottom of the page to escalate it to a claim. There is no such option. I have tried on a mobile, on a computer, and from every different route possible. It's not there. The resolution center just says, "the best way to solve a dispute is to communicate with the seller. you have 180 days....." So, I emailed PayPal,  but with this virus ravaging the country, they are short staffed. I saw someone with a similar issue on here, and his issue did not get resolved. So, I am not hopeful. I thought I would try.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Winnorman
Contributor
Contributor
I also have the same problem as it says awaiting the other person’s response and it has been 9 days since I opened the case -I have emailed a complaint to PayPal to tell them I am running out of time to escalate to a claim
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem as well. Paypal only gives 20 days to escalate to a claim mine ends today.

Login to Me Too

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor
Call them. After two months of dealing with so much headache, I finally was able to get refunded by calling. It’s a LONG story and didn’t involve a claim at that point. The seller escalated it.[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] They had no phone customer service for months due to COVID-19, but they just recently got it back. I would call today if it ends today. Explain the situation and that there was no way to escalate to a claim. They can do it for you. They may can resolve the issue. After being literally sick with worry and anxiety over losing money AND my figure I shipped back to the seller, it took less than five minutes for them to refund me. What’s your situation?
Login to Me Too

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor

Stupid they won’t let me give a phone number. Ugh. I will type it out. <removed>

Login to Me Too

ValUK
New Community Member

I had the same issue. Paypal change your settings to automatic renewal when you haven't authorized that, delay reimbursement despite the fact that provider confirm to you that they paid back and Paypal block links that help you resolve issues that they say they provide as it fully controlled so they can keep your money and make bucks sneakily having your money on their account for a few more days and weeks. Sorry to hear your stories but I don't thing they'll change their way until some more honest companies take over or send them to bankrupcy because of manipulative Customer and assistance service online and on the phone.

Login to Me Too

Achilleask
New Community Member

I have the same issue. There is no choice to escalate my dispute to a claim, but paypal warns me that there is a time limit until September 14!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.