No option to escalate dispute to claim

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor

I have read all the FAQ, help articles, and community support, but there is no way for me to escalate my dispute to a claim. I went to the resolution center and clicked on the case. I went to "view" to the far right. It pulled up all the details of the case. When I read the help section, it told me that there would be an option at the bottom of the page to escalate it to a claim. There is no such option. I have tried on a mobile, on a computer, and from every different route possible. It's not there. The resolution center just says, "the best way to solve a dispute is to communicate with the seller. you have 180 days....." So, I emailed PayPal,  but with this virus ravaging the country, they are short staffed. I saw someone with a similar issue on here, and his issue did not get resolved. So, I am not hopeful. I thought I would try.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Avaschoen 

Which dispute did you open?

Only if it was for 'unauthorised' ie your account was hacked then you don't need to escalate.

However if it was for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described then you can only escalate 7 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor
It is SNAD. Everything I have read says I have 180 days to file a claim or dispute? I filed the dispute yesterday morning. It has been over a week since the transaction. Why does it say 180 days if I only have a week?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Avaschoen 

You have up to 180 days to OPEN a paypal dispute but that is not what i said.

What i said was that you often cannot ESCALATE to a claim until 7 days post PAYMENT.

The escalate option may not appear until 7 days after you paid.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-long-does-it-take-to-resolve-a-dispute-or-claim-faq1...

In some cases, we will ask you to wait at least 7 days from your transaction date before you can escalate an INR Dispute to a Claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor
Okay. The wording was not clear. Understood. I paid in February. So, we are well past the point I paid. The case says “Under review”. I had sent a message to seller. They never responded back. We have been in contact through email, and a claim is what has to happen now. But I don’t understand why I can’t escalate. It has to be a glitch. I have read other people having this problem and having to get PayPal to manually do it. I wish it wasn’t. I want to do it now and be done with it. But I have been reading for hours on this and there’s just isn’t a solution.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Avaschoen 

Normally under review means it has been escalated and paypal are reviewing it?

Are you sure the seller did not escalate it to a claim instead of you as either party can do so?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-check-the-status-of-my-dispute-or-claim-faq1852...

If we're already reviewing your claim, you'll see an estimated resolution date.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Avaschoen
Contributor
Contributor

She may have. Which is what i want. but i need to add info. there is no place to do that. and, it says, "want to resolve this issue quickly? we suggest that you work with your seller...." i wouldnt think it would say that if it had gone to claim. I have added photos. This has taken way too much effort and i am really sick of it. i know i will have to just talk to paypal. but ocd. you probably can't see these well. they didn't turn our right. they are backwards. Page 1 is when i go to RC. Image 2 is after I click view. image 3 is a cimage1-1.jpegimage2-1.jpegimage3.jpegontinuation.

Login to Me Too

Gaia2686
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get it resolved?
Login to Me Too

zedori

I have paid on April 19 and I did not receive the item. I have spoke with the company, but they did not help me.
I have seen some repaiment, but these were not succesful (interrupted).
The 7 days are gone...but I don't make my dispute to claim.

Login to Me Too

Berker
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, I cannot see the option as well

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.