No option to appeal PayPal’s decision to close my case.

Gotfleeced
New Community Member
I opened and escalated a dispute due to not receiving a $119.00 order placed April 11th, 2021. I had contacted the seller numerous times, as I never received any shipping information on my order. After getting 0 response from the seller, to any of my inquiries, I filed a dispute, and escalated it on May 4th, 2021. Only after I escalated the case, did the seller claim, “my order was being prepared for shipment”. According to the tracking information, my order wasn’t shipped until May 9th. PayPal, notified me to wait while they “reviewed” the seller’s response (tracking number provided). On May 5, I wrote PayPal, and stated, due to the questionable practice of this seller, and since they had not shipped my order yet, that PayPal should contact the seller, and tell them, if they can not send exactly, the items I ordered, to not bother shipping anything, and just issue my refund. On May 26, a small package was indeed delivered to my mail box. Unfortunately, the package did not contain any of my order, and instead contained two polyester/plastic blend shirts, that look like a child had attempted to use a sewing machine for the very first time. Before I could contact PayPal, they closed my case, without any confirmation from me, as to if I received my order or not. Now, there is no option, for me to appeal, and I’m stuck with two highly reflective, and probably flammable shirts, I didn’t order, and none of the two shirts, and two pairs of jeans I ordered. Oh and yes, $119.00 debited from my account! It seems as if PayPal doesn’t care about fraudulent practices from Chinese sellers. What can I do next to dispute paypal’s BAD decision?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gotfleeced 

You opened a dispute for non receipt of item and it closed because you received it so what does paypal not caring have to do with that?

As you can only open x1 dispute per transaction yourself, then you need to contact customer services, tell them what happened and ask them to open a dispute for you for item received but not as described.

As they are not telepathic you have to inform them that the item you received was SNAD.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.