No help with shipping

Leslie0120
Contributor
Contributor

I sadly purchased some items ($200) worth from a company who misrepresents their products.

I purchased a "Pendleton" quilted bed set and got two cheap sheets sewn together.  They even used the picture from the Pendleton website to sell their counterfeit product.  I also purchase at the same time two "sherpa" blankets that are no more than beach towels.  I also purchased a "tote" that is not all all like the picture they posted either.  The company said it was in Houston and it may be, but it's products were all shipped separately from China.  All horrible quality and none of them were as shown on their website.  I filed a dispute with PayPal and my only option is to return the items to an address in China at my cost.  Again, this is a bed set, two blankets and a tote.  It will cost me close to $100 to return.  I have requested a return label from the company and from PayPal and they won't answer me.  PayPal or them.  I just get more run around.  Today I have asked PayPal again to be the mediator and ask for a return label but nothing.  I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and after this I am going to write the Attorney General and I also have a lawyer that is going to help me.  I don't understand why PayPal won't communicate with me anymore.  I can't comment on the  dispute at all anymore.  It's like ship it back or loose.  Sad.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leslie0120 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Beware of these China websites.............

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leslie0120
Contributor
Contributor

I did not buy from a company in China.  I bought from a company that states on their webpage they are in Houston, Tx.

I had no idea the items were coming from China.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leslie0120 

BUT YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF YOU HAD CHECKED AS PER BELOW.

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Leslie0120
Contributor
Contributor

Gee thanks.  That really helps a lot. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leslie0120 

Well whether you appreciate or not is immaterial.

I post it as often as i can to warn others that may be saved from being scammed.

And you are very welcome to my giving up my time to respond to your post with all the information that i have given you. ....including return shipping costs contributions.............so nice to have such an appreciative poster. I shall rush to help you in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Leslie0120
Contributor
Contributor

I look forward to it. 

By the way, thanks for scolding me like a child by saying..

"you would have known if you had done blah blah blah".

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leslie0120 

Well sounds as if you needed it, if you can't debate like a grown up.

I gave you loads of good advice and you pick on one sentence that you take the wrong way.

Grow up then.

No way would i buy from a China website, not rocket science to check the things i told you to check for. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Leslie0120
Contributor
Contributor

I wasn't debating you.  I can't get up as far as your high horse.  Must be lonely up there.

I appreciate so much all your excellent advice.  

I never did well in rocket science.  

Forgive me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leslie0120 

I would stop digging if i were you, i get the message and shall never give up my time to try and help you again.

I tend to enjoy helping users that are appreciative of that help and will go back to helping them.

There....ok with that?   

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.