No help when a company is fraudulent.

kimber19
New Community Member

I made a purchase on Facebook from a company with a professional looking website (I bought two small bookshelves). I do most of my shopping online so I didn't see an issue with the website. When I checked my paypal for the transaction, the seller was listed as Gelombang Juta Enterprise (this is not the company name I purchased from) and the seller has no contact information other than <removed>  

Seafoodinone.com is a seafood company. Are you kidding me? I can't even make this up.  I wrote the seller twice, and surprise, surprise, no one is responding.

I opened a dispute/resolution ticket with paypal, and to my utter shock, they wrote back saying that based on my purchase history, this is not an unauthorized purchased. There was no follow up questions, no request for further information.  How does PayPal figure that it is completely unsuspicious that bookshelves are coming from a seafood wholesaler?  And why does the name on the website I purchased from not match the seller's name on the transaction?

PayPal: At least pretend to do a thorough investigation.  Sending me back an email within two hours of the dispute ticket being open and saying that you see nothing suspicious is the worst attempt at looking into anything I have ever experienced with a company.  What a joke.

Also your dispute resolution reporting format is awful. First, there is no option to adequately explain the problem.  Secondly, how is this an investigation when you didn't even connect the dots?  At the end of the day, the seller's website should match the merchant's detail. I'm really surprised that a company as big as PayPal has been able to function with such poor customer care processes. 

I'm  so disappointed in paypal's response to this situation, it's worse than getting ripped off by this stupid fake company that paypal obviously doesn't want to stop. There is also no way to escalate the issue. I've tried emailing paypal, searching for a place to contact them, but I'm blocked.  If this company cannot be bothered to at least listen to their client's concerns, then why should I trust them with my transactions? 

I'm so annoyed at the lack of professionalism from PayPal. And to top it off, I have zero faith that PayPal cares to help, investigate further, or at least explain themselves to me.  We are just a number.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

Saeedo97
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried twice and it's not working !! 

Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

Saeedo97 be sure you scroll down on all forms/screens so you can see the Submit/OK button to proceed when filing the claim. 

Login to Me Too

Saeedo97
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying all the time to open a claim it's just not working for this payment .. i don't know what to do more, i contacted Paypal and hope to get some response

Login to Me Too

denisemailloux
Contributor
Contributor

ya happened to me now twice as they sent me a cheap ring not a swing glider and now instead of book case got a bookmarker worth about 3.00, paypal did credit me for first item now waiting on this problem ,i will never do business with foreign country i call it bait and switch and they never respond 

Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

Denisemailloux, when I bought the product their Nanospace web site had a California address. I looked it up and see it is a residential address, not a business address. It was in my post of the email they sent me, but Paypal edited that information out of the post.

Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

If you look at my post containing the email from Nanospace, they went through a minimum of 3 names already in less than 6 weeks:

1) Nano-space (was on the FB ad and their html address for the store in early December. Paypal deleted my post with the link to the ad.)

2) Nanos-pace (new name when their server supposedly crashed, according to email.)

3) Nanospace1 (in signature of the Nanospace representative in the email)

This is in addition to Gelombang Juta Enterprise and Seafoodinone, the latter was the email domain of the seller on the Paypal payment receipt. By the way, this is the 2nd time I am posting this about them changing their name twice, but Paypal removed the 1st post.

Login to Me Too

PatrickConway
Contributor
Contributor

I too have the same problem with that company.

Login to Me Too

CatLady23
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just refunded me my money to my credit card. Be sure you categorize your claim correctly for Product Not Received/Incorrect Product Sent. Thanks Paypal!

I will NEVER again buy from a Facebook ad.

Login to Me Too

denisemailloux
Contributor
Contributor

paypal did refund me ,i will never buy again on FB ads

Login to Me Too

frabu
New Community Member
Same here. Purchaced a bookshelf in the same company thru paypal last dec and it hasn’t arrived. Can paypal do an investigation to at least stop this company from victimising more people???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.