No help from pay-pal what so ever due to the fact that I am deaf

rvas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I really had to share this with you guys.

My pay-pal has been permanently limited, which is fine as I do not intend to using them again due to how many issues they have caused me.

However I have a case opened and have been trying to refund the person for over a week but due to the account being limited I am unable to do so. 

So I have tried to reach out the Paypal in every way possible, apart from calling them, as it's something that I cannot do since I am deaf. 

I've been dealing with this for over a week now and the stress that it has caused me is unreal. 

I was just really shocked to see how Pay-pal is not disabled friendly at all, after finally getting through to someone on facebook and explaining to them that I am unable to call them due to me being deaf, the advisor has actually asked me 'why don't you try calling them?' I just couldn't believe what I was reading. Another paypal advisor on live chat has told me 'you can only fix this by calling them'. So where do people like me come in?

So anyway after all this crying I have got an e-mail from paypal stating that I can't refund because there is not enough money in my account. There is. The only money that is missing is the fee's that paypal held, which surely they are suppose to refund to the customer.

I am really struggling and don't know what to do this is stressing me out more that it should be.

Is anyone able to help me, or is anyone in the same situation as me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rvas

The fee is refunded minus the fixed fee part which paypal keep as a processing fee.

So that could be why there is not enough.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.