No customer service + no accountability from PayPal during COVID = lost 20+ year customer

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

After over 20 years as a PayPal customer and business user, I won't be using PayPal any longer. Their "buyer protection" is less protection than I receive from my credit card company. If purchasing, it's safer just to use a credit card than risk dealing with the nightmare that is PayPal's nonexistent call centre.

PayPal has zero accountability and no customer service. If banks, credit cards, and eBay can all provide fast customer service during COVID, so can PayPal, which rakes in billions. I suspect the closing of their customer service centre is just another scam to increase profit margins.

I reported a fraudulent tax charge from an eBay seller, and PayPal closed the dispute within 48 hours saying the charge was "normal." No one emailed or called. No one responded to the details I provided. There is no evidence that anyone ever read the claim to begin with. I have since opened a case on eBay — they call you back within minutes — and reported it to my Visa, so I guess PayPal will be getting a rude wake-up when the charge is reversed by a financial service that actually listens to their customers — and the law.

Of course, because I reported a dispute, PayPal's knee-jerk reaction is to punish the customer by placing a temporary account limitation, which without a call centre or any kind of customer service, effectively means your account is inoperable.

I use my account for business. And the fact is, PayPal charges more fees than my bank or credit card and yet has none of the customer service or accountability. In short, they don't provide a service worth paying for.

I will no longer be using PayPal. Any financial institution without customer service is a fraud, folks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Aby2020
Contributor
Contributor

Same here,

they limited my account, and then since a month they are replying to my 20+mails with 2 template-mails

they are not even bothering to read what i wrote 

have been a paypal user since at least 14 years , have accounts for my companies, always used payment processing through paypal,

not anymore, i will be moving to other services where at least the respect their customers 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.