No appeal button

tangobunny
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal ruled in favour of seller as they provided evidence item had been delivered however I did not receive what I ordered.Googled the company and apparently they have done the same to numerous other buyers providing false tracking.However after a few weeks I did received something from China that I didn't order...I'm assuming this package was from the same company and it was this item that was tracked.the item I ordered was $25 the one I received is selling on eBay for £3 how can I appeal as there is no appeal button on my closed case
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Abdul51
I've had the same, $3 item received but paid for a different item worth $31. Fell for a con. Paypal really need to review their policy in this area. I made the assumption that Paypal only partner with reputable businesses. And when a scam is clear from photos of item received vs what was ordered or a simple Google search where others have same problem with same business, Paypal need to suspend those accounts and following a full investigation if customer claims are substantiated break off all dealings with said business and not continue to facilitate the scammer. Lesson learnt, a business having Paypal payment option is not a sign of a ligitimate business. Also Paypal not having an appeal button or appeal process is simply not right
Login to Me Too

Mir5ea
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same situation. This is very strange reaction from PayPal of removing my possibility to appeal instead if solving the problem. I ordered for 54.97 USD and received of a value less than 1 USD. Now offered 50% return from the seller only or request to ship it back on my expence. And although it is clear fraud and scam, PayPal, don't offer possibility to report it and no buyer protection whatsoever. PP first limited my choice of reporting to authorised or non authorised transaction, and after I used this opportunity to report, PP closed the case, judged as authorised, now leaving me without any means to report the fraud. Just no buttons or choices in the resolution center for me. Where is my buyer protection? This was the major reason why I went ahead with this transaction first of all. Why now it is not there this protection? I do not have any solutions. Anyone with suggestions?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.