No appeal button on a closed dispute?

joellaverty6513
New Community Member

I recently requested a refund on a digital (in-game) item that I paid for via paypal. The owner of the game banned me from the game (without reason, I did not violate any of the TOS of the game). The reason for the ban I received was literally just "no". I paid 20 euros for this item and now have absolutely no way to get my money back. I have reached out to the owner of the game multiple times and he absolutely refuses to give me a refund (he basically said "too bad, no refunds"). So now I do not have the item I paid for, or my money. 

So i opened a paypal dispute trying to explain this but they denied my dispute. I googled how to appeal this decision but there is no appeal button in the resolution center like the help section says there is.

I just want money back man, this dude literally scammed me and so far it seems like theres **bleep** all I can do about it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @joellaverty6513

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with your dispute. For assistance on your dispute, I recommend contacting Customer Support. You can contact support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

massagemichael
New Community Member

when i click contact I am unable to email to contact anyone unless I call and wait for 40 minutes for the next available person. the "texting" is just formed answers. i just want to email someone and tell them I made a mistake when entering info. because it only gave me two options when I went to dispute it. and now they have marked it wrong and I can not appeal. it's not on the website.. it just says sorry 

Unable to complete your request

You've already filed a case for this transaction. Visit the resolution center to view the status of your case.

Login to Me Too

wichita6
Contributor
Contributor

yep, good luck with that.

I think they took off the option to dispute due to all the fraudulent sellers using Paypal.

I got ripped off and Paypal said that if I pay shipping back...to China...I'd get a refund for a fake item...it was going to cost me more to send it back than to get a refund.

So Paypal didn't honor the "protection" from fraud website.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.