No USPS tracking available in China, so my claim was denied.

RobinHHH
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered boots from Zenmof (CS CAREU TECHNOLOGY), advertised on Facebook, for $74.99. Got boots. Much different from photos. Seller is committing fraud. I asked for free shipping label. Seller refused. Disputed with Paypal. Found in my favor if I ship back, AT MY COST. Ripoff. I sent boots back by date required. Postage $35! Post office said NO TRACKING IS AVAILABLE inside China. PayPal then replied, "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested." Completely illogical and unreasonable. PayPal is aiding and abetting fraud. Even if the seller refunds $74.99, I will be out $35. PayPal says their decisions are final and I should reach out to the seller, who responded only to emails generated within the PayPal dispute system. I cannot reach out to them separately. The email provided by them does not work. The mail comes back undeliverable, the email address is unavailable.  Do I really have to be satisfied with getting ripped off?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Lounginlarvae
New Community Member

Received ridiculous polyester shirt. Just tried contact. I'll let you know. It's a boy's shirt and advertised as a women's dolman sleeved hippie shirt. Can you find a website??

Login to Me Too

Black_cat
Contributor
Contributor
Same situation here. Ordered boots and the are not as described. Same outcome with PayPal. As soon as it becomes available contact the FTC. The more cases the marier so they cant scam anymore.
Login to Me Too

Krletoss
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation here too I bought two pairs, got two pairs but now what I paid forReceivedReceivedOrderedOrdered

Login to Me Too

RobinHHH
Contributor
Contributor

The truly sad part is that PayPal has to know that here is no tracking in China, yet they put that as a condition in order to obtain a refund. They are assisting crooked Chinese companies to ripoff American consumers. I don't see any other way to interpret the facts.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobinHHH

@Krletoss

@Black_cat

If you phone them and state you have done everything asked of you in returning the item back to the seller then request a refund they have been known to issue one (which they should).

You have to be persistant (not rude) and if you are lucky and get an agent with a brain cell you may get lucky.

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RobinHHH
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I did try more than once with PayPal and I finally gave up. My mistake was paying $35 to ship the boots back to China. Once I realized that no tracking was available and knowing that tracking was a requirement by PayPal, I should have just thrown the crummy boots away and disputed with my credit card company. In the end, I did that and got a full refund, but I am still out the $35 shipping cost.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobinHHH

You could get some of that return postage fee back IF you activated the below link at some point before the transaction?

Not compensation but every little helps.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RobinHHH
Contributor
Contributor

Phone China? They provide no phone number and rarely respond to correspondence.

Login to Me Too

RobinHHH
Contributor
Contributor

I finally gave up dealing with the crooked merchant. Unfortunately, it wasn't much easier dealing with Paypal. The mistake I made was to ship the boots back. It cost me $30. I finally disputed with my credit card company, and got a refund, which is what I should have done in the first place. But I am still out $30 shipping cost.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.