No Payment received

DIDI173
New Community Member

I sold my camera to a guy professing that PayPal protects both buyer and seller. I was told to courier the item to the seller and as soon as I submitted the Waybill number, the payment would be released. BIG JOKE!! I received a message to say that there was a technical error and that they had deducted too much from the buyers account and that I must refund the buyer before my payment was released. After I logged a complaint with PayPal, to which I received No answer, This was the response received from the tracking service 

Thank you for using PayPal, we are safe and fraud free Denise you are the one delaying this transaction and there is nothing complaint department can do about this issue.Please kindly follow the instructions given to you and everything will be sorted out fine.

Have I been scammed?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DIDI173 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
You also don't email tracking, you enter it on the transaction in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Brooke

Hi @DIDI173

I am sorry to hear of the experience that you are having. When you receive a payment, we do send an email to you notifying you of the sale, but you will also see the transaction and balance within your PayPal account. If we are holding it to make sure that the buyer has received the item with valid tracking, you will still see the balance within the account. We will also never state that you need to refund the buyer to receive the original funds. From what you stated, this is not a valid transaction. If you have sent the item, I would suggest reaching out to the courier to stop shipment. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Brooke

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.