No Buyer Protection from PayPal for Items Never Received

transcenden
New Community Member

I had a dispute open and PayPal refused to refund my money for an item I never received! The item was back ordered and I had the order canceled before it was shipped. Macy's did not deny this, but for some reason couldn't figure out how to process my refund after several phone calls. I filed a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. I sent them all the emails from Macy's, including the emails saying the item was on back order and that the order was canceled. They kept responding that I had to return the item...

Yes, I am supposed to return an item that I never received. Just wondering if any of you can do that, because I can't?

I told them to ask Macy's for the tracking number. Since the order was canceled, there never was a tracking number and thus, I could not have received an item that was never shipped.  This simple fact that if someone doesn't give you something you can't have it... should be self-evident. And yet, they dropped the ball.

I disconnected all accounts linked to PayPal and will only be using PayPal in the future if there is no other choice whatsoever. Additionally, I'm telling everyone about this. They are not to be trusted as they offer ZERO buyer protection. Good thing I also used a credit card. I think Fidelity should have much better customer service and should be able to handle my issue. Yet another reason not to link your bank account. PayPal is dependent on providing reasonably good customer service. When it can no longer do so, we're gone.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.