Nigerian Email Scam (Help)

KalebKongable
Contributor
Contributor

hello I bought the print label and gave him the tracking number, then right after, I refunded the shipping saying It was fake and fraud and voided it. blocked him on everything, he never sent me any money.  I did however give him my email to paypal to find me, that's it.  What do I need to do?  I did not ship the item.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KalebKongable

Thats fine, if you did not ship the item then ignore any emails and he will move on to the next possible victim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KalebKongable

Thats fine, if you did not ship the item then ignore any emails and he will move on to the next possible victim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KalebKongable
Contributor
Contributor
Okay thanks, so if the item does get shipped then it just basically means you lose your item correct?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KalebKongable

Yes, this scam has been ongoing for 10 years at least, no part of the transaction is done using Paypals site.

They rely on 'spoof / fake' emails that tell you to do things that Paypal would never do.................

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dshu1
New Community Member

This morning , I do received hundred request to pay with my paypal, for summitted to pay the iphone x,

every one should aware of this scam , thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.