Newly discovered import tax, lol

Opokey
Contributor
Contributor
Recently was hit with an import tax. I've been purchasing on eBay for over 10 years....at least. Bought items from all over the world ....one time I made a purchase from china and it was delivered on....a slow boat from China, and this is the first import tax I've been charged with. Nothing was described as such when I bought it and the seller knows nothing about it. Is this a new charge that I have to deal with now? I tried to dispute the charge but was denied.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate threads not allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Opokey
Contributor
Contributor
Ouch....I am just trying to get an answer. The government charging an import tax answer wasnt the answer. I am wondering why this just started showing up, there hasnt been an import tax before. Has someone managed to find a way to pilfer a few cents off each exchange? Scams are everywhere and ppl are smart with computers......I am not.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Opokey
Contributor
Contributor
I understand an import tax where there should be one. This place is a U.S. supplier and says the item is from the U.S. If this is a sales tax I'm ok with that also. The billing said import tax and it came from 2 states away from me......it's just a little confusing as to why all of a sudden this starts happening. I have bought the same item before but now its being taxed I assume. They need to clarify their tax classification. I was just worried of getting tagged in a scam. I did contact the seller to ask and then to let them know the seller is being charged an import tax, actually called eBay to get some clarification and they are still unclear as to what is going on. They have been getting calls about this same subject recently. It started within the last year.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.