Newbee advice please

Epayist456
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help please? I bought a tablet from what I thought was a UK a company,  but turns out to be in Hong  Kong and the tablet is faulty and is not covered under warranty in the UK  and the company does not respond to my emails. I raised it in the PayPal resolution centre, but I have not been able to give any information to PayPal about what's  wrong. PayPal have written  to the company and will advise me of the outcome of the claim, but, how can they make a decision without knowing what the problem is?  I cant find a way of getting the information to PayPal,  what can I do? Any advice would be welcome as I have never done this before. Thanks 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epayist456

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Epayist456
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for the quick responss, do I wait for PayPal  to contact me after they have reviewed the case or contact them while it is still going through the  resolution centre process. Also, if  they side with the company, is there anything else I can do, I.e. what is "escalating the claim"? Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epayist456

If its at the dispute stage then paypal are not involved, they only become involved once its been escalated to a claim.

Then paypal will only contact you if they need more information BUT if you want to supply that information then give them a call as advised.

If they side with the company then you will lose.

If they side with you then normally they will tell you to send the item back trackable to prove delivery to the seller at your own expense before getting a refund of your original payment.

Hope you activated the below link at some time BEFORE you made that transaction so you can recoup some of those return costs.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822?app=search...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Epayist456
Contributor
Contributor

Again, thanks for advice regarding my problem with eglobaluk. I followed the advice and gave PayPal more info, however they rejected my claim saying the company had evidence the product was posted, which of course it was and I never disputed this, my complaint was around the fact that the tablet did not work and eglobaluk did not reply to my emails. Anyway, I have paid to have the tablet fixed and the lesson for me is to be cautious with paypal in the future as there is effectivly no protection for a UK buyer buying overseas. In future I will buy via a credit card which does offer some safety.  Live and learn!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.