New to PayPal and having problems

Joshualewis164
Contributor
Contributor
I’m new to PayPal and have restrictions on recieving money because I’m not an established seller yet. I did all the verification steps to prove myself. And My first hold was lifted and I received money from my first buyer without any problem 1 day after she was delivered the package. BUT NOW MY ACCOUNT IS LIMITED! OR RESTRICTED? Idk but my wife posted an item on eBay- a old vintage purse and it sold for over $500. They sent the payment and immediately my account fell under being limited due to “a potentially risky item being sold” It’s asking me to verify proof of delivery (which I cannot do yet as the purchase was just made), a photo ID(did that), detailed description of every single sell I’ve made within the last week(did that), and provide an “invoice” under that it lists other things that can be provided also that fall in the same as an invoice. But what am I providing that for? What if the item sold was from like 2000 and I can’t provide anything for it? Or am I proving an invoice from the sell I just made on that item? I’m so confused! I’m so frustrated with all these rules and stuff! Also, if I send in my information- will they ultimately release the payment to me? I mean especially if they want proof of delivery? That means the buyer has to receive it in order to provide that. What if they don’t approve it? Then the buyer gets a free 500 item? This is such an iffy process. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

PayPal are obligated to know what you use our service for therefore you may be asked for time to time. If you are ever in a position that you are unable to provide the requested information you just need to send an email via your PayPal account explaining why. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

Joshualewis164
Contributor
Contributor
Solved the problem with providing a receipt. I just hand wrote a note on a piece of paper stating I was selling personal items, and I wasn’t selling new items purchased from vendors. My account was back to normal. Only now I cant access the funds in my account. I can’t transfer money to my bank, nor can I use my PayPal to pay for anything when shopping online for example. Getting pretty frustrated with PayPal. Idk what’s the use of having this if you can’t access your funds.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

I recommend reaching out to customer service if you are still having problems with your account. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.